Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going Fishing

It is to be 76 with light S. winds so will venture out and see what the Crappie are doing at Walnut Creek Lake. This is the first trip with the boat this year. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

We managed to catch a few crappie for the skillet. Nothing real big but did find some females out in 14ft and staged and ready to come into the banks. The Males were in 9ft of water. The water was 62 degrees today. The females were loaded with eggs yet.
    Name:  DSCN0155.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  59.7 KBName:  DSCN0156.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  37.9 KB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I was out at Walnut Creek today as well, haha. You probably showed up after i left around 2:30pm. Was fishing the handicap pier and didn't get any bites. Folks were catching a few bluegills, and some guys who were they earlier than morning when the clouds were around said when the sun came out, the bite was really aggressive until after a few hours of sunshine then they shut off.

I left around 2:30 to get something to eat, then went to base lake around 6pm for an evening trip. Got a lot of bluegill to bite, but nothing over 5". Stormy weather pattern coming up, dunno when i will be able to get out again.

Looks like you caught enough to fill the frying pan.

Post Thanks / Like

Worth going to walnut creek for some crappie?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Walnut creek isn't too bad. They currently don't have a limit on the size crappie right now. Wehrspann is suppose to pretty good this year, haven't tried for crappie yet out there. It's only a 10 min drive from Walnut Creek.