Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When to experiment with different crappie presentations and offerings

Post Thanks / Like

Default When to experiment with different crappie presentations and offerings

Now the way I see it, after some little bit of thought, is that there are two time to experiment with new baits and presentations in our crappie fishing:

1.WHEN THEY ARE BITING, that way you know you have a cooperative group of test subjects,

and

2. WHEN THEY AREN'T BITING, if you know they are there or most likely are there and you can't connect, you have to make some kind of change anyway.

Certainly you want to enjoy an active bite, but take a bit of time to try something new then, too, if you can. You might be really surprised at what you latch on to. If it bombs out on cooperative fish, you might want to consider not carrying it around any more, and being a bit more selective next time you are in the tackle shop.

The call it fishing not catching, but if you aint catching, you're just sightseeing and that aint fishing.

(Having spouted off now, I have just guaranteed myself a skunk or two the next times I go out... That never fails!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p