Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Chico, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings from Chico, CA

Hello All,

I'm from Chico California where I work for a craft brewery in the R&D department.

I used to live in San Diego when I worked in the pharma industry and that is where I learned to fish for crappie (among about a bazillion other types of fish).

I've been out of the fishing game for the last few years but am really looking forward to getting back into it. I have done most of my crappie fishing from my kayak, which is a fully decked out OK Prowler 13.

Looking forward to meeting some more Californians (although this board seems a bit south centric) and to hone more techniques to improve my game.

The two lakes closest to me are Black Butte, and Oroville. Oroville is huge and does not seem to get a lot of pressure for crappie as it is known as a bass lake. Black Butte is much smaller but has a bigger reputation for crappie.

At any rate, Hi, and if you are ever in town, drop by the brewery and I will show you around.

MolBasser

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I hope I can learn a lot and contribute whatever little bit I know.

MolBasser

Post Thanks / Like

Hey from East LA (Eastern Lower Alabama)

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man dont worry about the fact its a little south centric we are some awesome guys and we will help, thats super cool the you crappie fish from a kayak, you can get right on top of them! Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried. Crappie are crappie. I'm sure I'll learn a ton.

Yeah, I like the kayak platform for fishing. It only really sucks when the wind doesn't cooperate....

MolBasser

Post Thanks / Like

From Texas too, Wilderness Systems Ride & Heritage Angler Kayaks over crappie structure.
    Bent rods & tight lines to ya.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again. It will take me a few weeks to get my legs in this forum and sort out what is what, but I feel I have information to offer. I have lots of experience of fishing from a yak, for a multitude of species in lakes, bays and inshore, along with bass fishing and such, but I developed a passion for crappie later in my fishing career as I developed. I'm kind of lucky and kind of screwed where I live. Crappie aren't a big target here, so I should have good access to fishing, but finding partners is a bit of a problem. Cali is VERY bass centric, so if I get out on a boat with someone, it is pretty much bass fishing, which is cool, but I need to get my Pathfinder repaired so I can get my yak out to the lakes to target the slabs! Their loss will be my gain, and the fish tacos will be glorious!

MolBasser

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs UpAgreed. Finding a fishin' partner is dependent on location. It is the reason I have two
    so finding someone to fish with you becomes a little easier. Good fishing partners can be hard
    to find at times, especially retired ones. Not many 70 year old fellers are willing to get into
    a kayak. Tight lines to ya.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast