Went to a nearby golf course for a few hours around sunset.Was throwing a small kastmaster and got a few small crappies on it.I had just put on new line on my reel and even though the kastmaster was small I was able to really get some distance on my casts.Turns out a little to much distance and the lure ended up in a tree. I switched over to one of my all time favorite lures a #2 Mepps Algia spinner.Had much better results with it.Within a few casts got a couple of nice bass and then a bunch of smaller crappies.Gonna head back tomorrow with a surf rod and some heavy test line and pull down the branch with my kastmaster on it.
Don't know if any of you guys do much striper fishing but this time of year a shorebound angler can catch a "trophy" sized fish of the rocks at Turkey Point,MD.Over the years I have got some really nice fish there and even though it's catch and release some of these fish are huge.Some of the guys who go up in The Flats in boats catch unbelievable numbers of fish on lures there on a good day.It really is some of the best fishing anywhere in the country right now for striped bass.
Happy Easter to all.