Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: drop shottin

Post Thanks / Like

Default drop shottin

I was wondering what kind of plastics most people use with drop shotting and also what type of hook. i got some 3 inch senkos that i don't ever use and was thinking about trying out some dropshotting with them cause i saw some places that i thought it would work on union. any other advice on this subject is welcome too.

Post Thanks / Like

for hooks i like to use owner down shot off set and gamakatsu finesse wide gap in size 1. for lures i like to use robo worms, power leeches, and real leeches when they get them at mardon. drop shotting leeches at mardon is hard to beat. for the robo worms the best color i have found is aaron's magic and black for the power leeches. i bet those senkos would work great on a drop shot :rolleyes:
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I only throw a dropshot setup about 10 times a year so I'm by no means an expert lol. I cheat through and use Standout hooks. They work great and keep the lure standing straight out off the mainline. For weights I'll use the cheap clip on split shots if I'm fishing weeds. If I'm throwing around docks or rocks I'll slide on a bullet weight then tie a loose knot on the tag end so I can pop the weight free if I get hung up. Drop-swimming a drop shot setup around docks can be killer during the summer. I'll use grubs, senkos, snubs, brushhogs....pretty much any 3-4" plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

i like to use those stand out hooks to. the smaller ones are great for perch...
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

do you like the size 1 for the stand out hooks too? are there any stores around here that carry them?

Post Thanks / Like

i use size 1 for bass and size 6 for perch.no one sells them around here but you can order them from bass pro shops.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Drop shotting is my # 1 most used technique year round, I like gamakatsus finnese hooks, In a size 1 or 2 or gamakatsu glocks. With the finnese hooks I use sniper bolts or snubs in watermelon copper flake or sand.. Those are my 2 colors that I use the most. With the glocks I use robo worms(aarons magic) or bolts if I have 1/0 glocks. With 2/0 glocks I use reaction innovations flirt worms in magic craw swirl.. Leader length depends on what sort of structure and how the fish want it. once you tie your palomar make sure your hook points up and if it doesnt run the tag end of the line through the top of the hook.