Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just an idea for Jerry Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just an idea for Jerry Blake

Just sitting around here taking a break for doing the Christmas decorating thing. I was just wondering what was be the feasability of maybe having an annual tourney in Hot Springs? I know for me it is a 7 hour drive and alot of the guys in Indiana, Missouri, Louisiana, Texas and West Tennessee could make there quicker than that. I know there are at least four guides there in Arkansas that post in here. Just wondering if that could maybe be a possibility because your very well known in the crappie fishing world and would love to have everyone experience the Hot Springs area. I know i am not easily impressed, but as i have stated several times, i love it over there and could see myself retiring there in a few hundred years. Just wondering. I am willing to be a financial backer for it. I was just wondering, whatcha think? Maybe in late april or early May of each year. I wouldn't want you to do the whole thing by yourself, but you obviously have the company contacts, the knowledge and the area to have a great one. Take care for now.

ps, was surfing some bookmarks i have had for a while and i don't think i can do the pro crappie tourney thing because Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Indiana are out for me. I will stick with the occasional "fun" tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a winning idea to me. First real fishing trip I had as a youngster was to Arkansas. Caught bigger fish than my uncle and cousin with cane pole. Went home and bought rod and reel and have been buying for the last 50 some years.

I'd be glad to help out with what ever to help make it come about.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Big J:

Hot Springs would be a great place to hold a crappie tournament. We have all kinds of bass tournaments here but I've not heard of any crappie tournaments.

I wouldn't have a clue as to where to begin though. I'll pick Richard's brain while he's laid up from his back surgery - give him something to think about.

Speaking of back surgery, I sure hope everything goes well for your wife on Monday. She needs to be back to 100% when y'all come here in the spring so she can show you how to catch the bigguns again!

Tell Dylan I said "Hey"!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing AR

Crappie Tournaments in AR are usually held on lakes like Conway (trolling lake) and Millwood (tight-lining lake). It is my opinion that lakes like Hamilton and Greeson in central AR and Norfork and Bull Shoals in north central AR are overlooked. All four of these lakes are relatively deep, clear water impoundments (not your typical crappie water) which makes the crappie fishing more traditional than modern. By that I mean, if you're going to slow troll your success will be limited. However, if you get out there and find the cover and structure you'll load the boat. Bring it on and let's have some fun!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Idea, but I will need four things...

Jerry, I need your GPS. Moose, I need you to subistitute teach for me. Darryl, I will need batteries for Jerry's GPS. Fatboy, I will need a ride. lol.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Crappie Tournaments in AR are usually held on lakes like Conway (trolling lake) and Millwood (tight-lining lake). It is my opinion that lakes like Hamilton and Greeson in central AR and Norfork and Bull Shoals in north central AR are overlooked. All four of these lakes are relatively deep, clear water impoundments (not your typical crappie water) which makes the crappie fishing more traditional than modern. By that I mean, if you're going to slow troll your success will be limited. However, if you get out there and find the cover and structure you'll load the boat. Bring it on and let's have some fun!
    I would go for either one of them 2 north central AR lakes. Would be will to help work on having a fun Crappie Tournament at either Norfork or Bullshoals. Would try my best to make it to a fun Crappie Tournament at any of the 4.

Does any one ever have Crappie Tournaments at night for us night time crappie people?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Jerry, I need your GPS. Moose, I need you to subistitute teach for me. Darryl, I will need batteries for Jerry's GPS. Fatboy, I will need a ride. lol.

Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I'm game for an Arkansas Tourney

Sounds like a good idea to me. As long as the first tourney isn't May the 8th, 2005. That's my college graduation. That weekend is also the Stabor National Open Buddy Tournament on Truman Lake in South Carolina, not that I'll be fishing in it though. A tourney in Arkansas would be a blast!
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Hutta

Quote Originally Posted by CohuttaCrappie
    Sounds like a good idea to me. As long as the first tourney isn't May the 8th, 2005. That's my college graduation. That weekend is also the Stabor National Open Buddy Tournament on Truman Lake in South Carolina, not that I'll be fishing in it though. A tourney in Arkansas would be a blast!
    What is your major?

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"