Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default new guy

i guys i am new to this, but i have emaild tommy before,i fish chicot park alot and a little miller lake,with little succ,but i have pictures ,once i learn, this i will post them.
    " did you see my line it just moved "

Post Thanks / Like

hi new guy, welcome!!!!! ive fished chicot and millers lake on occasion but never had much luck on sac a lait. let me know when itss a good time to go and maybe we can meet up and share a few fishing stories while we fish. until next time...BENTHOOK.......USAF RETIRED..1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

hay benthook millers is now closed untill the end off duck season but chicot is a hard lake to fish,and i am still learning ,millers lake was really good this year early spring ,untill october big black crappie were cought and lots off them.chicot was really hard this year my 2 boy and i manage to catch a few ,my son cought is bigest bass at chicot this year @ 5.10 lbs .but i prefer crappie.my youngest son and do ok, we catch a few to eat , not anything like tommy but we are learning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntingcrappie
    hay benthook millers is now closed untill the end off duck season but chicot is a hard lake to fish,and i am still learning ,millers lake was really good this year early spring ,untill october big black crappie were cought and lots off them.chicot was really hard this year my 2 boy and i manage to catch a few ,my son cought is bigest bass at chicot this year @ 5.10 lbs .but i prefer crappie.my youngest son and do ok, we catch a few to eat , not anything like tommy but we are learning.
    We can only long to one day be like Tommy LOL!
    Good to have you join us huntingcrappie. I have heard stories of nice crappie being caught in the lake behind the new Rest Area around there. I think this is close to Chicot.
    SacalaitSteve has caught some nice ones out of that lake. When things get right we may head up that way and we can all fish the lake together.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I49

ya ,i49 is what i call it,they are the true white pirch,and when you hit them right you can catch alot of them ,usually around early march and april, thats a good lake but you have to fish it before the jet skies get there.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=huntingcrappie]ya ,i49 is what i call it,they are the true white pirch,and when you hit them right you can catch alot of them ,usually around early march and april, thats a good lake but you have to fish it before the jet skies get there

What's the water like in Chicot lake. Clear, Stained and the average depth?
    I cannot remember the last time I went to that lake, and when I did go last it was not in the lake just by the boat landing. Heck, I think I was still in school when I went last. (About 30 years ago)
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default chicot

[QUOTE=Deacon]
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingcrappie
    ya ,i49 is what i call it,they are the true white pirch,and when you hit them right you can catch alot of them ,usually around early march and april, thats a good lake but you have to fish it before the jet skies get there

What's the water like in Chicot lake. Clear, Stained and the average depth?
    I cannot remember the last time I went to that lake, and when I did go last it was not in the lake just by the boat landing. Heck, I think I was still in school when I went last. (About 30 years ago)

the average deph is about 6ft but the channel is 10ft some places 14ft with a lot of trees and structure along with grass and lilly pads,vere hard to find crappie that are concentraed in one location because of the structure.the water is pretty clear unlees we get alot of rain whic we will get for the next few day.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hunting, Good to see you posting. So how did the tops work out for you? I have been wondering how it went. I am laid up in a hotel in Port Lavaca Tx waiting to go to work. I will be out of it for a month or so, it looks like and will probaby be at my hunting camp more than fishing when I get back, but keep me posted. I will be checking to see how everyone is doing from time to time. Talk to you guys later
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Take care Tommy , sure going to miss those pictures
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deer Hunting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hey Hunting, Good to see you posting. So how did the tops work out for you? I have been wondering how it went. I am laid up in a hotel in Port Lavaca Tx waiting to go to work. I will be out of it for a month or so, it looks like and will probaby be at my hunting camp more than fishing when I get back, but keep me posted. I will be checking to see how everyone is doing from time to time. Talk to you guys later

Tommy.....I hope you get a deer that will take 3 quads to drag it out.( saving the 4 quad deer for myself.....lol) Best of the woods to ya!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast