Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: questions, questions, questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default questions, questions, questions

I am not as quick to learn as I once thought I was.I have searched and read any information pertaining to the new marine electronics i could find . I have transducers located on the bow (TM) and transom e/w a switch. I like this setup. I want to come away with a system that is user friendly and, will not require spending my time looking at a depthfinder. What I have discovered, right or wrong, is side scan is only useful at certain speeds. The same is true of DI. Transducers have to be close in the same area. I am looking for a depth finder with a dual beam transducer that shows a one to one ratio (10 ft, of water equals 10 of bottom). I don't feel I will get that much from GPS, but you have to get this to get SI. I want to get the largest amount of bottom coverage I can on the trolling motor. Question #1... Should I keep my Low. 510c on the transom and get a Hb 596 hd DI on the front. I have looked at all kinds of depth finders. They don't tell you what kind of transducers come with each model.I am asking for any advice,you guys are are the best. Thanks for all of the previous help. Humminbird Greg your comments are always appreciated. Thanks again everyone!!!!!

- One more question : Will I get interference using two different brands of fish finders.

Post Thanks / Like

di will get you one to one

Post Thanks / Like

Kyrich , Thanks for answering even though I posted on the wrong location. I want to fish not watch a fish finder all day.If I get GPS, SI,and other bells and whistles, that is what I would end up doing. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 596c HD DI for sale in the classified ads if you think you may want one.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    What I have discovered, right or wrong, is side scan is only useful at certain speeds.
    My HB SI gets great images down to 0.1mph...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to give up side imaging, you just have to learn self control.
    Waterboy1