Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great Tournament!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Tournament!!!!!

Lee Roy and I had an awesome time at the TeeZur Tournament again this year. It was great to see some old friends again and to put faces with names of several more people from this board.

I enjoyed meeting and fishing with Ed, his daughter and his brother. We caught some nice fish Thursday afternoon and Friday and decided to fish Saturday in the areas that had produced the most and largest fish for us.

But, the good ones wouldn't cooperate for us on Saturday and we barely came up with 7-fish to weigh in. We had a great time anyway and got some very nice door prizes and really enjoyed socializing at the fish fry.

Richard, you ran another top-notch tournament and we all really appreciate your hard work. You got us headed in the right direction but we must have zigged when we should have zagged. It’s your turn to come back over here for another spanking so just let me know when and I’ll have some brushpiles lined up for you.

Jackie, it was good to see you and your family again and thanks for bringing the jig trailer over so we could look over all your fine products and get stocked up on jigs. I’m glad you’ve decided to keep the business going and I’m sure David is proud. Thanks for all you do for the crappie fishing community.

Ed, thanks for coming down for the tournament and thanks again for the Crappie.com T-shirts - they are awesome!!! Sorry we didn’t get the big ones - maybe next time.

Many thanks to all the sponsors that donated prizes. I’m going to save the Keel Shield I won for my new boat!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, you are one "class act". A true pro fisherman. Awsome boat, and awsome fishing partners who really know what they are doing.

Here's a quick pic of Jerry and Lee Roy, absolutely great guys. If you have the opportunity, do not miss taking a trip with Jerry, he's got a great setup and WILL put you on the fish.

Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    Jerry, you are one "class act". A true pro fisherman. Awsome boat, and awsome fishing partners who really know what they are doing.

Here's a quick pic of Jerry and Lee Roy, absolutely great guys.*If you have the opportunity, do not miss taking a trip with Jerry, he's got a great setup and WILL put you on the fish.
    Every one looks wet and cold, but having a good time.
    Last edited by Slab; 11-15-2004 at 08:51 AM. Reason: fixed the quote
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Rain gear they are wearing!

Jerry are those guidewear from Cabelas or 100 mph rain suits from Bass Pro Shop, or Frog toggs? What are they anyway. They look like they work pretty good.

If you were at the tournament you know that the NW winds were howling all day long and the waves were big on the lake this day. If Jerry took you guys on on the main lake where the winds were able to blow on your boat then you were in for a wild ride there and a wide stay over the brush piles.

I know where Richard suggested that we fish to get out of the wind but I failed to listen to him. I bet that Jerry and the other guys listened to Richard and fished the leeward sides of the lake in deeper water.

I learned one thing about KY lake this trip. Don't fish the mouth of Sulfur creek when the winds blows out of the NE unless you want to fish in 3ft high waves with white caps on the tops.

Nice pictures Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Every one looks wet and cold, but having a good time.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice to meet everyone...

Hey gang, it was nice meeting everyone. Wish that I could have spent more time at the dinner and made the start of the fish fry but the pregnancy thing you know. Can't wait 'til next year, I think I read Cane Pole say'n something about winning next year, I guess he plans on fishing with me you guys all take care and keep in touch.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Time!

Let me chime in here on Jerry's post and say "Ditto." This year was my first TeeZur Tourney and it is what I believe a tournament should be -- a great time for all. Thanks to Jerry and other good friends we caught some fish, ate some good fish and made some new friends. I look forward to next year.

Here's pics of our catch. Jim and Rainer were great fishing partners.

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default P.S for Richard

Really Richard, I'm not too short. You're just exceptionally tall. LOL. Had a great time and thought you did a good job bringing everyone together in one spot.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Nice meeting you Darryl and hope you didn't scare the family walking into the house with that shotgun you won.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Jerry are those guidewear from Cabelas or 100 mph rain suits from Bass Pro Shop, or Frog toggs? What are they anyway. They look like they work pretty good.

If you were at the tournament you know that the NW winds were howling all day long and the waves were big on the lake this day. If Jerry took you guys on on the main lake where the winds were able to blow on your boat then you were in for a wild ride there and a wide stay over the brush piles.

I know where Richard suggested that we fish to get out of the wind but I failed to listen to him. I bet that Jerry and the other guys listened to Richard and fished the leeward sides of the lake in deeper water.

I learned one thing about KY lake this trip. Don't fish the mouth of Sulfur creek when the winds blows out of the NE unless you want to fish in 3ft high waves with white caps on the tops.

Nice pictures Ed.
    Hey Greg:

It was good to see you again - glad you decided to come to the TT.

The rain suit I had on is Stearns from Wal-mart and was OK until I washed it the first time. I've tried a couple different "Waterproofing" treatments but neither of them worked. The jacket Lee Roy had on was just a cheap windbreaker type jacket my wife bought somewhere and it is more waterproof than my rain gear.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com