Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginner Crappie Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beginner Crappie Fisherman

Hello. I need some help. When it comes to crappie fishing I have no clue what to do. I can catch bass, bluegills, and catfish. But when it comes to crappie well... What is the best way to start getting an understanding how to go about it? I plan on waiting til the spring, cause I never been so much into the whole ice fishing. I know that the lake I fish on has them. Just don't know what to do. Any advice? Thank you and I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida. ya might want to try venturing down to the Indiana board and asking the guys there with a mention of what lake ya normally fish.

Post Thanks / Like

If ya wait til spring it should be easy to figure out, go shallow and drown minnows.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amitchell View Post
    Hello. I need some help. When it comes to crappie fishing I have no clue what to do. I can catch bass, bluegills, and catfish. But when it comes to crappie well... What is the best way to start getting an understanding how to go about it? I plan on waiting til the spring, cause I never been so much into the whole ice fishing. I know that the lake I fish on has them. Just don't know what to do. Any advice? Thank you and I hope everyone has a great holiday season.
    Hello amitchell. What lake do you fish on and how far is Patoka Lake from you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    If ya wait til spring it should be easy to figure out, go shallow and drown minnows.
    X2

This thread also may help you figure out where to look for them.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...e-degrees.html

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amitchell View Post
    Any advice?
    Read.

This site is loaded with info. Pick a subject you want to learn about (spider rigging, long lining, vertical jigging, etc.), and read the forums. Make the "search" function your friend.

Post Thanks / Like

The hardest thing to come by it seems to me is confidence in what you are doing and fishing is no different... I believe crappie will hit a minnow on a more regular basis than the other baits you can use so I personally feel someone new to crappie fishing should use minnows for the most part until he builds some confidence in finding them and gains confidence in his ability to catch them... They might not be the most exciting bait to use but I do believe they are the most productive.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    read.

This site is loaded with info. Pick a subject you want to learn about (spider rigging, long lining, vertical jigging, etc.), and read the forums. Make the "search" function your friend.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

if ya wait til spring it should be easy to figure out, go shallow and drown minnows.
    x3.
    Randy Andres

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. There is a stickie at the top of the forum called "knots and rig drawings for beginners". Might help you some.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast