Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tonight's Catch 11/12/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tonight's Catch 11/12/04

I didn't get home til 7:30 pm (been grocery shopping with the wife). I looked out on the lake and it was like a mirror. I couldn't stand it. I put on my coat, when out to the boathouse and was fishing in 10 min. The surface temperature had been running around 67 degrees. In one days time it dropped to 60 degrees. The outside temperature was 53 degrees. The bite was slower than it has been in the last few days when the outside temperature has been 65-70 degrees. The presentation had to be extremely slow as the Crappie didn't seem as aggressive as they have been. In 2 hrs. fishing I managed 9 nice crappie....one 6 1/2 lb. Bass......and a 4 lb Bass. I hung those Bass on a flyrod with an ultralite reel with 6 lb. test line. Man was that fun, he would make a turn and I just let him pull line out and my reel handle was just a singing. I would bring him back in and there he'd go again. Finally I wore him out. Eventually as the cooler temperature keeps coming my little fun will come to an end. Then I'll go out in the channels and catch them.
    (Hopefully)

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip to me R&R I wish I could be fishing in 10 minutes of deciding to up and go.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{