Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It was cold this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It was cold this morning.

If only it wasn't foggy for practically 3/4 of the days it might have turned out to be a good day to fish. Instead i started at 6:30am felt the stinging breeze of cold wind and fog. I used the largest jighead i had, which really isn't much 1/32oz i think. Hooked something large on a chart/green STB grub, but couldn't tell what it was due to the lack of light. Definitely wasn't a crappie or bluegill, all i saw was the white underbelly of it and it was long. So it was either a catfish or bass. Pretty sure it hit the bait again 15 min after i lost it the first time. Still didn't stick on it. As it got brighter, i switched to a darker grub, at that point i was freezing. So i packed it in and waited until the sun came out.

I'll try again tomorrow morning before i meet up with family for Thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving to all you Nebraskan fishermen/women.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Chris. I keep wanting to go out but the leaves keep falling so am keeping busy with them. Have a great Turkey day. EBThumbs Up
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too Chris. I keep wanting to go out but the leaves keep falling so am keeping busy with them. Have a great Turkey day. EBThumbs Up
    I know how THAT goes! I have taken about 35 bags to the dump so far, and still have a bunch more to do tomorrow!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

Missed my opportunity on Thanksgiving. I overslept, so i did not go out Thursday morning like i wanted to. But it was a gorgeous day, with the exception of the wind. So i chose Friday to be my redemption day. Told myself that i will put off the Husker game and rewatch it when i get home. However waking up this morning to cloudy skies made me a little wary.

I still went, charteuse was the color the fish were attracted to, however the bites were very touchy. Felt a lot of thumps but wasn't quick enough to set the hook in time. I did manage to pull these two guys up.

If the sun does come out any time soon, I'll shoot back out there before the cold front moves through tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

moved the photos to a different album.