Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod &REEL,Question on pvc pipe structure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod &REEL,Question on pvc pipe structure

R&R when you said you fished a pipe structure in your other post it opened questions on how you built these because I had thought about doing this but never actually heard of it being done when you get a chance to go into detail
    about building these structures from what size pipe you used to how many tees or elbows or any other material used amd what procedure did you use to sink it I would appreciate it cause I am definatly going to go that route I seems as though these structures would last a real long time under the water.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up PVC Tree

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    R&R when you said you fished a pipe structure in your other post it opened questions on how you built these because I had thought about doing this but never actually heard of it being done when you get a chance to go into detail
    about building these structures from what size pipe you used to how many tees or elbows or any other material used amd what procedure did you use to sink it I would appreciate it cause I am definatly going to go that route I seems as though these structures would last a real long time under the water.

SS, I used a 4"-10' joint of PVC pipe. I drilled 10-12 1" holes staggered to make it look like a christmas tree. I used 1" pvc pipe 10' long and inserted them into the holes I already drilled. This gives you 10' limbs. I used pvc glue to glue the limbs to the 4" pipe (tree trunk). If you have the time, a sheet metal screw would hold the limbs in place before you glued them. One end of the 4" pipe has a flange on it. Cut off a piece 2' long (flange end) and fill it with sacrete. Next day put all materials in your boat and assemble the pvc tree out in the water where you want to sink it. Its pretty massive but it is easy to drop off the side. Also glue the 2' piece onto the trunk. You need to wait a short time for the glue to dry. When you drop it in the water either GPS your location or line it up with something on the bank. It's a lot of work, but it pays off. We caught a nice mess of Crappie or White Pearch or sacalait this week. We had it out about a month. We used a Aqua-Vu camera to see it and it had all kinds of alge and underwater growth all over the limbs. The good thing is your jigs or hook just slide over the limbs and you don't get hung up. If you try it let me know your results in the next few weeks. I would try to sink it near a channel with a least 20' of water. Hope this answers you question.

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

R&R Thanks this sure does answer my question I appreciate it. I will have the week after Thanksgiving off and I will build one then be able to fish it on my next vacation I will take after the first of the year.Crappiejerker after I build this thing if you want to, maybe you can help me and deacon drop it someplace so you can find it later and fish it also.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 11-13-2004 at 08:30 AM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{