Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep a Fishing journal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep a Fishing journal?

Do any of you keep a fishing journal? What the temperature was, barometer, wind. What lake ,how many fish caught, what were they caught on etc. I picked up a weekly planner at the dollar store. It's the size of a check book. I'm going to start on Jan. 1st. keeping track of all this just for the heck of it...Every now & then I try to remember these things--and can't...

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I need too, good idea about the day planner.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a really good Ideal!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I did this a few years ago. I kept track of what I used and how well it worked. Then whenever I went back to that lake I had a starting point. It saved a lot of looking...

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing it for about five years now. I always enjoy going back through them. Good memories!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the wfn fishin log app, works well, let's you include exact location through gps.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why wait...start it now. After a couple years of data you will be able to go back and see exactly where the fish should be at a certain water temp, weather conditions, etc. The more data you collect the better it works too.Thumbs Up BTW, I keep my info on a spreadsheet on the computer (excel) but after loosing a couple years of data due to a 'puter crash I now keep my excel files backed up about once or twice a month to a zip drive.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one that I created on xcel on my old work laptop. Put it on a flashdrive when I got laid off and the drive somehow got cracked in the box of stuff I carried home. Have not started another. The good thing about xcel is the ability to add columns as something comes up that adds to the data stored. But yes even a simple one on a day planner would work nicely. Need to start me another one.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the VA calender , and refer to it yearly and it helps with colors and temp and time ;of the MOON

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you mention that. I did the same and kept it all on my laptop and when the laptop crashed it all went down the drain.LOL...But yes, this is a very good idea. You will be amazed in a couple of years when you look back in it how much you forgot about!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Why wait...start it now. After a couple years of data you will be able to go back and see exactly where the fish should be at a certain water temp, weather conditions, etc. The more data you collect the better it works too.Thumbs Up BTW, I keep my info on a spreadsheet on the computer (excel) but after loosing a couple years of data due to a 'puter crash I now keep my excel files backed up about once or twice a month to a zip drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast