Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curly Tail Jigs!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curly Tail Jigs!

Has anybody here tryed Kalins 2" Triple Threat grubs! They work like no other soft plastic Crappie jig I've ever used! The best color down here on Beaver is the Chartreuse Shad,they can't resist it! If anyone has tryed them what's your favorite color?
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Default C tail jigs

Haven't used that brand, i use the curly tail grubs by Berkely, 2 inchers. I love 'em. I know this isn't what you're looking to read. Have you tried the Berkely's ?? Good day.

Post Thanks / Like

HI!!
    I fish Kalin's grubs here in northern Indiana all the time and do quite well with the Silver and Black plus the Tennessee Shad. We also use these in the Michigan lakes.
    The Crappie seem to prefer a different color each year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I would like to try them

I have not tried that brand either. I use to fish tube jigs 90% of the time. Now I use curly tails about 85% of the time.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I use tube jigs 95% of the time and do mighty well. Once in a while I do okay on a curly tail. I think I might give those a try though. What about the finesse shad, I see alot of people catching crappie on those, but I've never tried them myself. Have any of you tried them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I use tube jigs 95% of the time and do mighty well. Once in a while I do okay on a curly tail. I think I might give those a try though. What about the finesse shad, I see alot of people catching crappie on those, but I've never tried them myself. Have any of you tried them?
    Are the finesse shad the same thing as a Slider grub? I have'nt heard of a finnese grub. I'll have to look into that and try it as well. It's always nice trying new baits...sometimes they work well!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fin-S-Shad

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    Are the finesse shad the same thing as a Slider grub? I have'nt heard of a finnese grub. I'll have to look into that and try it as well. It's always nice trying new baits...sometimes they work well!

I think what you guys are referring to is spelled Fin-S-Shad. They definitely work, this is the bait that Tommy uses to catch all those Crappie he has been posting in the last few weeks. I have done well at night recently with the pearl color and a white 32oz jig head.

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey JT

Has anybody here tryed Kalins 2" Triple Threat grubs! They work like no other soft plastic Crappie jig I've ever used! The best color down here on Beaver is the Chartreuse Shad,they can't resist it! If anyone has tryed them what's your favorite color?
    There's only 2 colors in the Kalin grubs. Popcicle and the rest of em....lol....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Acid rain works great on Brownlee

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow J.T. - I'm not much on "curly tails" ....

but I do have Kalins "Green Weenie" and "Chartreuse Shad" curly tail grubs in my tackle box. I also like the color combos known as - "Wally World", "John Deere", and "Tenn Shad" ... even "Lemon Meringue" peaks my interest ....LOL!!
    There's just soooo many plastic baits and sooo little time (for me) to try them all. ............luck2ya .......cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast