Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cappie fishing lake hudson

Post Thanks / Like

Default cappie fishing lake hudson

i have fish lake hudson for years. i have never seem to fine crappie in the main lake. have a lot of luck in the river but not on the main lake. help!!!.

Post Thanks / Like

Not from that area, but wanted to welcome you to the crappie.com
    Get Da Net! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been chasing crappie except for the last couple years but I believe if you find can find cover/structure at the right depth, the crappie will probably use it the same as in the river part... a sonar unit "fishfinder" is a great tool for finding cover and fish in the lake part of a water system... Not sure what your fishing habits are but I see a good many fishermen fishing the shoreline bushes and cover in the heat of the summer... Other than the spring of the year, I have caught very fer crappie fishing shoreline and shallow water (5 feet or less) It seems most guys give up on the crappie after the spring season, I catch a good many crappie even in the heat of the summer and it seems when you find them they will be concentrated adjacent to cover (wood seems to be their choice in the lake I fish) or a channel lip but almost always will be 8 to 10 feet or deeper... A dropshot rig seems to produce well for me in the summertime, for some reason I can't catch any number of fish on the dropshot after the water started to cool down, it seems a slip bobber rig set a bit above the same areas I was fishing in the summertime is producing fish for me now.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never crappie fished Hudson, so not sure. Hopefully someone will move this to the OK forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Hit the boat houses on main lake and it is loaded with Crappie. Find the brush around docks and you will find the Crappie. I have caught many main lake area.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good ole beautiful Georgia.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.