The picture that you sent to the message board helps me a lot. I didn't realize that your summer cabin was on the West Sandy River by the damn. The terraserver picture showed your location but it labeled the water as Big Sandy River. There is a big difference in location between the Big Sandy section of KY lake and the West Sandy Creek Section of KY Lake. Those are two different location and are a mile apart. That is why I got the initial impression that you lived on the East Side of Big Sandy River of KY Lake. The map showed you south of the Big Sandy River and I though that something was funny. Now that I have your hand drawn map I got everthing figured out. You are right next to several boat ramps but far from Sulfur Creek. I am going to be changing my plans therefore. I will be fishing the West Sandy Creek Area this time and not in Sulfur Creek. I suspect that some of the big fish should be in shallow water.

Cane Pole or anyone do you guys have a current water surface temperature in the area of either Sulfur creek or the West Sandy Creek area.

Is the water surface temp the same in the shallower sections or in the bays as it is out on the main lake in the middle on the drops?

Locally I am finding the crappie moving up to feed in the shallower sections Water from 6 to 7ft and shallower was holding crappie in the middle of the day well into the late afternoon. I didn't fish the mornings so I don't know where they were during that time of the day. I have not been getting up until around 7 am and not going fishing until after 9 am or later. I like to get up an drink my coffee and then read the paper and then fool around on the interneet and get the local weather report for the day. I look at the wind speeds as that and any rain will effect my fishing the most. I fish on a lake that only allows electric trolling motors and no gasoline engines are allowed. So the winds have a very pronounced effect and determine if I go fishing in the boat or not. I can't handle high winds with my trolling motor as my boat won't go that good against a 30mph wind. In fact I go backwards with the wind even when I put the trolling motor on high setting and the winds are 20 mph or greater. I somethings can't get back to the boat ramp when I launch in high winds. I get blown to the end of the lake and have to wait for the winds to calm down before I can go home LOL> Well sometimes (once) I cheated and used the gas motor to get back home. But I don't normally do that unless it's an emergency. I just stay home when there are high winds predicted.

So today I will be looking at the West Sandy Area on my Digital map of KY lake and trying to find some spots where there is good fishing potential for this time of the year.

Looking forward to fishing new waters this time.