Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on injecting Crappie Nibbles in tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on injecting Crappie Nibbles in tubes

For those of you that use syringes to inject crappie nibbles in tube baits, do I need to mix them with anything to liquify them or not. I hava an oral syringe that I am going to try and use and any help, suggestions, or wisdom will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a oral syringe, all I add is a lil' mtn. dew for caffeine and luck.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't use nothing, i just kinda roll them one at a time in my fingers and shove them in there one at a time. i use a 6ml syringe and run a 1/8th drill thru the end and it works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I add procure shad gel to my nibblets.....out here this time of year that mixture inside a southern pro minnow tube is deadly!! Thumbs Up

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just get the bait pump it took me 4 years to break 1Thumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Bait Pump....Had one now for over 6 years and has not broke yet. Works great.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

The "Bait Pump" is the way to go and it will pay for itself in the first year of saving nibbles. They are practically indestructable but don't let them fall on the floor or the tip might break. Here's the first fish I caught when I got my Bait Pump. Jig was still full of nibbles. A little hint...I like the sparkle nibbles with glitter as I believe the glitter floating around the brushpile simulates a feeding situation.

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for a Bait Pump but on their web site it has said it was out of stock for a couple of months now. Any idea where I can get one??

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    the "bait pump" is the way to go and it will pay for itself in the first year of saving nibbles. They are practically indestructable but don't let them fall on the floor or the tip might break. Here's the first fish i caught when i got my bait pump. Jig was still full of nibbles. A little hint...i like the sparkle nibbles with glitter as i believe the glitter floating around the brushpile simulates a feeding situation.

x2
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitrisin View Post
    I was looking for a Bait Pump but on their web site it has said it was out of stock for a couple of months now. Any idea where I can get one??
    Yes ... the Bait Pump people are (were?) having some issues. There's an old post on here, somewhere, where they were reflecting on a possible price hike & whether or not that would cause a shortage of potential customers.

As far as "having to" add anything to the Nibbles, when using an oral syringe .... no, it's not necessary. They'll work right out of the jar. I would suggest, however, to get a 10ml oral med syringe ... and only put a few at a time in it. Use them & refill as necessary. And, at the end of the day, pull the plunger out & poke a wooden match stick or toothpick thru the nozzle & push the remaining Nibbles out ... & put them back into the jar. Wash/dry the syringe & put it back in your box. Allowing the Nibbles to stay in the syringe, for any great length of time, will allow them to dry out ... making the removal process more difficult.

Use your syringe, for now ... and give the Bait Pump people time to sort out their difficulties. I'm sure that, once they're back in stock & shipping .... there'll be a post about it, right here on this forum !!

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast