Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tonights Catch

Post Thanks / Like

Post Tonights Catch

Just came in not long ago from a good evening & night of fishing. We had three different fronts move through on us with high winds changing directions on us three different times. We would have streaks when the crappie would bite and then they would shut it off for 45 min. to an hour. We hung in there and finally caught the last crappie at 9:00pm. We wound up with 34 nice crappie with one fish 15 in. and another one 15 1/2 in. There is a cold front moving in the next few days and our little night fun will be over.

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Just came in not long ago from a good evening & night of fishing. We had three different fronts move through on us with high winds changing directions on us three different times. We would have streaks when the crappie would bite and then they would shut it off for 45 min. to an hour. We hung in there and finally caught the last crappie at 9:00pm. We wound up with 34 nice crappie with one fish 15 in. and another one 15 1/2 in. There is a cold front moving in the next few days and our little night fun will be over.

R & R
    Hey, R & R.........I'm glad y'all caught some last night. Sent you an email last night to see if you were still awake, wanted to talk but I assume you had turned in. Got up this morn and saw the pm you sent. Day late and a dollar short. Will call later.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey R&R I would think that the crappie would still bite in the cold weather you may just have to switch locations instead of boatdocks maybe drop offs are sinking stucture in deep water to insure a place to go. what do you think?
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing where

Hey R&R,
    You might have said but I missed it if you did. Where were ya"ll fishing?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey R & R...Great job! We went out to Where I have caught them before and had just enough action to keep us interested. Enough being a bit or to every 15 minutes. You know it didn't take us long to do the math on that. 73 durring the day the day before and sitting in a boat with the wind howling across the open water in the middle of the night. Go figure. LOL You guys can have the night fishing. Guess I have gotten too sorry to fish at night any longer.
    We did spend the night at Reds camp on Caney and got up this morning to another long days fight of the wind. End up with 22 total. Had 14 fish that yielded 6 lbs of fillets. Still not up to Caney standards but getting there.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Hey R&R I would think that the crappie would still bite in the cold weather you may just have to switch locations instead of boatdocks maybe drop offs are sinking stucture in deep water to insure a place to go. what do you think?

SS, I agree with you, we did catch 12 out in the channel in 20 ft of water from one of our PVC trees that we put out about a month ago. First time we fished the top since we put it out. We were tickled to death.....it really works.

R & R

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Hey R&R,
    You might have said but I missed it if you did. Where were ya"ll fishing?

Deacon, I live on Cypress Lake in Benton, La. North of Bossier City, La. This is why it is so easy for me to night fish. I walk out the back door, turn on my electric boat hoist, boat in the water and fishing within 10 min. It rough, but somebody's gotta do it. We also caught some drift fishing in 14ft to 16ft water. They seem to be biting shinners better now.

R & R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Deacon, I live on Cypress Lake in Benton, La. North of Bossier City, La. This is why it is so easy for me to night fish. I walk out the back door, turn on my electric boat hoist, boat in the water and fishing within 10 min. It rough, but somebody's gotta do it. We also caught some drift fishing in 14ft to 16ft water. They seem to be biting shinners better now.

R & R
    Walk out your back door and fish! Man, Oh man, some people get all the breaks. They last time we could fish out the back door was in 1927 when the levee broke and New Iberia had 6 feet of water in it.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Web Feet

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Walk out your back door and fish! Man, Oh man, some people get all the breaks. They last time we could fish out the back door was in 1927 when the levee broke and New Iberia had 6 feet of water in it.

Deacon, that shouldn't be any problem......I heard all you South Louisiana boys are born with web feet.