Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Florida in January

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida in January

I will be visiting my son in Melbourne 1/11/2012 thru 1/21/2012. There will be 4 seniors from Illinois. We will be staying in Orlando. We're looking for an individual that would be willing to show us how to get some of those specks we read about up here. We're willing to drive an hour or two and will compensate for a morning. afternoon or all day. Hopefully awaiting any replies. Thanks, Tom

Post Thanks / Like

From Toledo Bend Texas!

Good luck finding some help, I don't know enough to be of any service, but just replying to say it should be pretty nice there then. My wife and I go to Tampa every Christmas to be with my son and his family. We spend about a week or a little less sometimes and the weather is usually pretty nice. You should enjoy your visit!

You should also post on the Florida State board, Here is a link to it....
    Florida

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Post it up on the Florida board. A couple of retired guys that fish often probably would give ya a ride. Or if on a weekend a couple of us might be able to work it out. Might even work up a friendly competition between a couple boats just for grins. Good luck and welcome. looking forward to see what we can work out for ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I just joined Crappie.com, didn't realize there were state forums. The weather here is starting to change, fish should be very active.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a farm pond last two years, got really spoiled, new owners this year, no permission to fish yet. Strip mine lakes are my next best alternative. Lakes in this part of Illinois are not very plentiful. Thanks again for help. Tom

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert Stonewater

179 Glenwood Rd Deland, FL 32720-1624

(386) 736-7120

Job: Stonewaters Trophy Bass Guide, Owner

I lived in FL for 30+ years and met many folks in the fishing industry. Bob was local to me and been guiding since he graduated high school. His specialty is shiner fishing for Largemouth. With all of his contacts around Central Florida I'm sure that he could put you on someone to do a good job for you. He has always been a personable regular guy, very easy to talk to and be around. His input should shorten your process. The above post about some of the local CDC members hookin you up also has merit, lots of good folks here. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

If you are willing to take a little side trip on your way down you might want to try the Tallassee area in the panhandle of Fl.Lakes Talquin and Jackson are near Tallahasee and well known as crappie destinations,I myself have fished both lakes and have had a blast tighlining and spider rigging.You will love the color of the fish in Fl.especially the darkwater lakes.My mother caught this one while drifting bass shiners(3.5 inches or larger)in lake Jackson last Aug.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wishing ya`ll hard strikes and heavy stringers and slay those slabs