Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Suggestions for depth/fish finder to boat Bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for depth/fish finder to boat Bow

Hello Guys

My depth finder/fish finder has finally laid down on me and I am in the market for a new one to replace at the front of the boat. I mainly fish brush piles, ledges and shoot docks and am soon rigging my boat for spiderrigging. What would you guys suggest for a replacement? I'm looking for a great depth/fish finder that will allow me to operate without a PHDRofl. Any Suggestions, as always Thank all of You for any information or suggestions, it sure is good to be a member of such a fabulous site, with a great bunch of folksThumbs Up. Thanks Again!!!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Brands are very opinionated.....

I would suggest first decide what features you need... Color, SI, DI, GPS...etc

Then decide how much your budget can stand....

Research the units available with your list of features in your pricerange...

Ask questions here also when you decide on features and pricerange....

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an HB 565 0n the front of my rig, which is now the 570. Black and white and has done great for the last 3 years for under $200. If you buy it with a transom mount transducer, contact Humminbird and they will tell you how to ship it to them and they will send you a trolling motor transducer in it's place. Don't unwrap it , it must be as it came from the box for them to do this. Just my 2 cents.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

If the $3000 dollar Humminbird SI/DI unit is out of the question, work your way down until you hit your price/feature range. Or start out at the base units and work your way up until you find one that meets all your needs.

Me, Im saving my pennies for a SI unit.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Give us a ball park of your budget on the df and we can give our choices from there.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookedonslabs View Post
    Hello Guys

My depth finder/fish finder has finally laid down on me and I am in the market for a new one to replace at the front of the boat. I mainly fish brush piles, ledges and shoot docks and am soon rigging my boat for spiderrigging. What would you guys suggest for a replacement? I'm looking for a great depth/fish finder that will allow me to operate without a PHDRofl. Any Suggestions, as always Thank all of You for any information or suggestions, it sure is good to be a member of such a fabulous site, with a great bunch of folksThumbs Up. Thanks Again!!!
    I highly suggest going to a location that sells them and get a side by side comparison of different models and brands, and also another good way is to fish with someone that has something in your price range as well.