Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What is the difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the difference?

Help the new guy out here. I'm wondering what the difference is between trolling and long lining? These two methods were mentioned in the fall trolling pole and I'm not sure of the difference.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tank 1 View Post
    Help the new guy out here. I'm wondering what the difference is between trolling and long lining? These two methods were mentioned in the fall trolling pole and I'm not sure of the difference.
    Tank ... "Trolling" is actually an all encompasing title, which refers to synchronized movement of the boat & bait. Long Lining is a form of trolling, where the baits are dragged behind the boat, usually some distance away (hence the title "long" lining). Pushing & pulling, sideways trolling, spider rigging, & drifting are considered "trolling" methods ... but, with specifics attributed to each, that seperate them to a degree.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Tank ... "Trolling" is actually an all encompasing title, which refers to synchronized movement of the boat & bait. Long Lining is a form of trolling, where the baits are dragged behind the boat, usually some distance away (hence the title "long" lining). Pushing & pulling, sideways trolling, spider rigging, & drifting are considered "trolling" methods ... but, with specifics attributed to each, that seperate them to a degree.

... cp
    Yep, what he said.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post

... cp
    Yeah the trolling part I know, but I guess I was looking for the specifics that separate them. Hence the difference between them.