Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: eastside report

Post Thanks / Like

Talking eastside report

just got back from the potholes area on my spring break. this is how my days went...

tuesday: started out fishing the I-90 bridge and had no luck. then i went to the alder fill and my dad caught a 10lb walleye on his first cast. he used a jig and crawler. then we went to hutchinson lake. we only caught two small bass and 3 bluegill from shore.

wednesday: in the morning we took the boat out to hutchinson to do a little bassin. caught about 10 bass all around 13" on spinnerbaits. then we went back to hutchinson without the boat later in the day to fish for crappie and bluegill. the fish were surfacing all over the lake. we caught about 30 crappie and bluegill on mini jigs and maggots under a bobber.

thursday: the wind came out to play this day. we first went to soda lake and plunked around for a while with no results. then we went back to hutchinson for the rest of the day and got another 10 bass from shore. it wasnt a very good day .

friday: what a day :D . went out to hutchinson in the morning and was catching crappie and bluegill on every cast. fished for about 4 hours in the morning, and another 5 hours in the evening. between me and my dad we caught over 100 fish. i even got some on a beetle spin for the first time :D .

saterday: ugh . the weather sucked. it was windy and the rain wouldnt stop. caught about 15 crappie and bluegill. then we tried bass fishing and caught 4 more bass. including the biggest one of the trip at 2lbs 5oz.

hutchinson lake basicly saved our trip. we only keeped 9 crappie, 7 bluegill, and 3 perch. the crappie in this lake surprised me. most all the crappie were 9" and got one at 10". a lot of the bluegill were at least 7" and up to 9". the 3 perch were all 11" and very fat. my picture will be in the next weekly report from mardon with my stringer of fish i kept. my dad will also be on there with his walleye. i dont think there is a better way to spend a spring break!
    fishin isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    A motto I live by. :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds very nice, my spring break just started, Im leaving for there tommorow!

Where is Hutchinson at?
    my knowledge of that area is low
    Last edited by MastaFisher; 04-08-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

man that sounds awesome! way to go, good to hear of people gettin into some fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Man I just got back from banks and If anybody getts a chance the bass are just stacked up beyond belief. The water was only 42 but the are absolutly hammering cranks. I even made some money in the NW BASS tournament yesterday. The fish were in 2-8 feet of water, It was the craziest thing I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

42 degrees! thats crazy, and it sounds like they were pretty aggressive too. maybe i should go try that on washington or union.

Post Thanks / Like

crappieking, do you think it would be possible to camp at hutchinson?

Post Thanks / Like

i think there was a sign that said no camping. i forgot to tell you that there is no gas motors allowed in the lake.
    urban: do you have a boat?
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

yea i got a 12 foot lund

Post Thanks / Like

should be perfect. i have a 14' myself and it worked good.
    go dawgs!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast