Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pounds per person?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pounds per person?

How many pounds of fellets do you figure per person when planning a fish fry.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

3/4

Post Thanks / Like

I'd figure it more on numbers than weight. It really depends on how much some people eat compared to others. Doug and I usually eat no more than three or four filets each, but a guy we've had over can put away ten without even blinking. Figure high and low, then average it out.
    Most meat recipes say 1/2 pound before cooking, but that would be high in this house. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

1/2 pound is close for average appetite.that's usually plenty,with a few sides.unless you have people like me,who pass on most sides just try to make room for a pound or so of fish:D

JeorgeD Guest

Plan on a few sides that are relatively cheap but tasty. To stretch your fish out! A simple salad, or perhaps some finger foods, crackers and cheese. An average protein component in the restraunt biz is about 5-6 oz. (1.5 to 2 fish)

Post Thanks / Like

When we do a fry we plan on 8-10 PIECES (not filets, but crappie "strips or nuggets" if you will) per person. Most people I know ain't scared when it comes time to eat some fried crappies and will gladly eat up what's left or makes a great fish sandwich the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with the 1 pd per that way you want end up with someone not getting at least one plate of fish It's not fun filling up on coldslaw fries at a fishfry LOL

Post Thanks / Like

2 pieces of fish each, sphagetti, Texas toast, and slaw. :D

BBQ ribs or Crawfish Etoufee and hushpuppies are also good.
    Let Em' Land!