Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Detroit River or Lake Erie Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Detroit River or Lake Erie Walleye

Has anyone fished for walleye in these places? I'm thinking about going out this weekend and giving both places a try. What kind of baits should I use? My experience with walleye has always been in less than 20 feet of water, so I usually ran a crank bait fished about 10 feet deep and the occasional 1/4 oz jig head w/a minnow, night crawler, or leech. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I wanted to start getting the freezer ready early this year. :D
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Erie years ago out of port Clinton. Supposed to be Walley capitol of the world.

Five of us had our limit in 6 hours plus the captains catch (36). This was in July and they said if we would have went in May it would have been even better and bigger fish.

I think the charter we used was BC Charters Port Clinton Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Detroit River

I'm heading up next week, this will be my 3rd. yr. and we usually fish the Trenton channel, using 3/4 oz. jig w/ shinners. The current is pretty fast. so be prepared. Check with Bill at Bottom Line Bait & Tackle. ( I think the website is bottomlinebaitandtackle.com)He is a nice guy, and will be glad to help with any info you need. Good Luck!
    "Gottabefishin"