Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Fry today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Fry today

The weatherman should have been shot for his prediction for today. It rained most of the day but we still had a pretty good turn out. At least I had enough fish for the fry anyway. It rained most of the day here or at least until around 2:30-3:00 and then the sun started to come out a little. I started frying fish around 8:30 this morning and finished around 11:45 AM. I put the fish in 2 roaster ovens to keep them warm until the people arrived. I had the tents set up in the back yard but it was starting to have standing water from all the rain, so we brought the tents to the driveway and set them up on the driveway and tied them together and then put the tables and chairs under them. I set the serving tables up in my garage and everything worked out ok. Some people arrived early and helped set up the tents on the driveway. Several people called to see if we was still having the fish fry today. I told them yes, because I had the fish thawed out so had to cook them anyway. Even tho it rained through most of the day we still had between 30-40 people here. That was a lot more than we expected to show up under the circumstances. No one left hungry and even took home a doggie bag or two. We had several new people join us this year and asked that we not forget to invite them next year. Even tho it rained, there was still a lot of good people, good fun, and good fellowship, for everyone. No one was disappointed about the rain today. I left the tents set up and will take them down tomorrow after the sun dries them out.
    The pressure is off for this year and now I can just relax and enjoy fishing for the rest of this year. I am going to do a lot more early fishing next year so I don't have to work as hard at catching enough fish for the fish fry at the last minute like I have the last 2 years. haha "famous last words" EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up WTG Beav

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    The weatherman should have been shot for his prediction for today. It rained most of the day but we still had a pretty good turn out. At least I had enough fish for the fry anyway. It rained most of the day here or at least until around 2:30-3:00 and then the sun started to come out a little. I started frying fish around 8:30 this morning and finished around 11:45 AM. I put the fish in 2 roaster ovens to keep them warm until the people arrived. I had the tents set up in the back yard but it was starting to have standing water from all the rain, so we brought the tents to the driveway and set them up on the driveway and tied them together and then put the tables and chairs under them. I set the serving tables up in my garage and everything worked out ok. Some people arrived early and helped set up the tents on the driveway. Several people called to see if we was still having the fish fry today. I told them yes, because I had the fish thawed out so had to cook them anyway. Even tho it rained through most of the day we still had between 30-40 people here. That was a lot more than we expected to show up under the circumstances. No one left hungry and even took home a doggie bag or two. We had several new people join us this year and asked that we not forget to invite them next year. Even tho it rained, there was still a lot of good people, good fun, and good fellowship, for everyone. No one was disappointed about the rain today. I left the tents set up and will take them down tomorrow after the sun dries them out.
    The pressure is off for this year and now I can just relax and enjoy fishing for the rest of this year. I am going to do a lot more early fishing next year so I don't have to work as hard at catching enough fish for the fish fry at the last minute like I have the last 2 years. haha "famous last words" EB
    Rain, snow or the dark of night won't stop the Beav..Thumbs Up I thought you might have missed out on having the FF this year with all the things happening in your neck of the woods..I should have known better..I know your friends, neighbors & especially the kids have a great time...

Beav, get an early start for next year...Tom & I didn't get an invite this year..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy everything went well, you know just reading about fish fries sure gets a guy remembering the ones they've been to. Ahh, the memories!! Now the rest of the day is a breeze. Thank you EB!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don G View Post
    Rain, snow or the dark of night won't stop the Beav..Thumbs Up I thought you might have missed out on having the FF this year with all the things happening in your neck of the woods..I should have known better..I know your friends, neighbors & especially the kids have a great time...

Beav, get an early start for next year...Tom & I didn't get an invite this year..
    Hey Don, you and Tom are like family and never need an invite. Your always welcome anytime you can make it. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    I'm happy everything went well, you know just reading about fish fries sure gets a guy remembering the ones they've been to. Ahh, the memories!! Now the rest of the day is a breeze. Thank you EB!
    Hey doc, your always on the invite list also. You are a might closer than Don and Tom are tho. hehe EB