Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marsh crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marsh crappie

I got word of a good fishing spot at the 4 bayou area of the marsh around Lydia and Patoutville. It has been years since I have been down that way.
    It seems that one of the cuts off the main channel we used to fish has a deep hole toward it's dead end. I was told that during cold weather spells all the crappie migrate from the shallow canal and bunch up in this hole. I would think the same thing would hold true for hot weather spells also. When the bite is on I was told the crappie like a blue and white tube jig fished tight line style. They bite so soft that the only way to tell if you have a bite is to watch your line. If it stops going down before you think you hit the bottom. Look out! When the guy told me how big they were his hand was all the way up to his elbow. Now thats a SLAB!
    I just might have to go exploring this Sunday.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

crappiejerker Guest

Wink hunting for slabs

Deacon my dad has fished 4 bayou area a few times maybe we could get together this sunday and make a trip out there . I'm sure between the four of us we could find a few slabs .

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon I know of a canal that fits this discription. best time to go is when the north wind is blowing all the water out the marsh and they are all stacked in this deep area of the canal. only problem is sometimes the mud flats are so low geting there can be tricky. Also there are a few drains in this canal that I have caught a few sacalait on some drains are noticable while others are more under water drains that you don't notice to much.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 11-09-2004 at 06:51 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

crappiejerker Guest

Default Boat Landing

My dad said that he has docked at the hubertville landing before but he heard that it has been closed down . So I believe you have to dock somewhere on the way to the point . Do you know another way into 4 bayou .

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie jerker the landing you are talking about did close it was called brousard landing there is another landing called patout landing on the way to point before patout bayou you put down at landing go to left and pass under the bridge take a left and take I think the third canal to right it is the same canal with all the camps down it the same canal you take from brousard landing except from opposite end you then take a right till you come to another canal and take a left then take 2nd canal to right it goes a long way to back but in the back is where the deep water is.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

crappiejerker Guest

Default bayou patout map

sacalait steve I bought a map today of that area and I think I know exactly where it is . From what I can see it is a pipeline that you would in up in according to your directions ; is that right . If you and deacon are free sunday maybe we could make a trip . They should have a good north wind blowing if that front comes through . got to go they fixin to bite .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejerker
    sacalait steve I bought a map today of that area and I think I know exactly where it is . From what I can see it is a pipeline that you would in up in according to your directions ; is that right . If you and deacon are free sunday maybe we could make a trip . They should have a good north wind blowing if that front comes through . got to go they fixin to bite .
    I was fixing to commit to a trip this Sunday. Glad I didn't. I just got a call reminding me I have a class to teach Sunday at 10:30am. I also have trolling motor trouble. I think it is in the foot control. SacalaitSteve and I took it apart and found two wires melted together.
    That's my luck. The trolling motor was working fine and my depth finder was broken. Got the depth finder fixed and mounted the transducer on the trolling motor foot. Now the trolling motor is broke!
    I do wish to set up a trip sometime in the near future. I will post when I am free and the equipment is running

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon and crappie jerker I too can't make it Sunday but Me and Tee are planning a trip next friday I'm thinking of going to Yellow bayou if we don't get a lot of rain between now and then because rain screws up this area . If so and if it is really cold by then then I'm thinking doiron's landing.fishing in the canal behind the landing is really good in the winter,colder the better the water is really deep straight off the docks of these houses along the canal.
    These people that live along this canal throw brush piles out in front of their property that hold fish when it gets cold. This is one time that I can honestly say that minnows beat the jig.O.K. back to what I was heading with this If I find fish on Friday 19th I'm sure I'll be going back the Sunday for any one who wants to follow Heck anyones welcome to come friday if they want to take a chance before I find out for sure that the fish are there because it is a good ride to morgan city without knowing if the bite is on .
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Deacon and crappie jerker I too can't make it Sunday but Me and Tee are planning a trip next friday I'm thinking of going to Yellow bayou if we don't get a lot of rain between now and then because rain screws up this area . If so and if it is really cold by then then I'm thinking doiron's landing.fishing in the canal behind the landing is really good in the winter,colder the better the water is really deep straight off the docks of these houses along the canal.
    These people that live along this canal throw brush piles out in front of their property that hold fish when it gets cold. This is one time that I can honestly say that minnows beat the jig.O.K. back to what I was heading with this If I find fish on Friday 19th I'm sure I'll be going back the Sunday for any one who wants to follow Heck anyones welcome to come friday if they want to take a chance before I find out for sure that the fish are there because it is a good ride to morgan city without knowing if the bite is on .
    I think I just might schedule vacation for next Friday and follow you and Tee where ever ya"ll go. What you say about that crappiejerker?

crappiejerker Guest

Wink fishing trip

next friday sounds pretty good I'll see if my dad can get away .
    I'll go to four bayou this weekend and let ya'll know how we do ;if we don't get any bites I'll probably pic up and go to quintana for a little while . Do ya'll think it is better to fish the marsh on a tide fall .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast