Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need some info on Zinc Chromate primer

Post Thanks / Like

Default need some info on Zinc Chromate primer

I finly found a gallon on zinc primer and on the can it said that you can't mix thinner with it. I need to mix thinner to be able to spray it on. has anyone ever used it and if so how did they thin it to spray. I have a binks spray gun you could spray it with a airless but I don't have one and don't want to brush it. If any needs zinc chromate they better hurry up and git some the paint store said it is hard to come by.

thanks
    mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

hey mikeg i wonder what base that paint is zinc chromate is a pigment that can be added to epoxy polurethane alkyd or other bases but there is a thinner of some type for that paint
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Mike we spray zinc nearly everyday send me a e-mail or a instant message and i'll see if I can help you out. I need to the the brand name
    Gary
    I dont mind fishin in the RAIN!!! My boat LEAKS anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

mike, check with paul lashly supply on air port drive in agurs(n. shreveport) I've gotten those products their many times. hope this helps. you doing any good on them crappies right now?
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''