Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any one use the wally/crappiemaxx tight line rods to........

Post Thanks / Like

Default any one use the wally/crappiemaxx tight line rods to........

I have several of the crappiemaxx tight line rods w/line counters on them that I use to troll cranks with. Does any one use them for spider rigging?? They are a fairly stiff rod so I'm unsure if it would be hard to see strikes.....figured if I could use the tight line rods I got to pull double duty it would give me a few more rod length options w/out any money out of pocket. I know they market them to be able to do it, just wasn't sure if they are to stiff to show strikes or not....or if there's a down side to the line counters that's on them.....still figuring this spider rigging thing out, appreciate all the answers thus far....have a great one all, God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

They will work but they are quite stiff. I have a couple that I use for pulling cranks and they are great for that. Spider rigging, they are too stiff in my opinion. You will miss some light biters especially on rough windy days.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used my B'n"M Protrollers with my line counter reels to spider rig with when I was not pulling cranks......but I think I am missing some fish with them.....I am going to use some more sensitive rods next year to spider rig with so I can see the bite better. Its just money James you know we cannot spend too much on fishing, lol
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

used to use them in spider/slow trolling. They work...Ok. good part is you can load them up with weight when the fish are on a reactionary bite. ie speed. But they are not very sensitve at all.
    Try the BnM Capps&Colemans if you want rods designed for slow trolling/ spidering in mind.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like feelay I like a limber tip pole for spider-rigging, too many light bites for the stiffer tips. I use the regular BNM graphic jig poles that you can buy at WM, about the only place around here that carries crappie poles.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    They will work but they are quite stiff. I have a couple that I use for pulling cranks and they are great for that. Spider rigging, they are too stiff in my opinion. You will miss some light biters especially on rough windy days.
    thank you sir!!! Im still planning on heading your direction for a few days of crank trolling next summer (we talked via pm)...will holler when time gets close...

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Its just money James you know we cannot spend too much on fishing, lol
    I know you cant spend to much on fishing Thumbs Up.....now if I could just teach my wife this lesson Rofl.....

Quote Originally Posted by das speck hunter View Post
    used to use them in spider/slow trolling. They work...Ok. good part is you can load them up with weight when the fish are on a reactionary bite. ie speed. But they are not very sensitve at all.
    Try the BnM Capps&Colemans if you want rods designed for slow trolling/ spidering in mind.
    I will check one out thanks......I do prefer BnM rods over any honestly, I got a gift card for the local BPS, thats how I ended with the tight line specials....but I do like em to pull cranks....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    I'm like feelay I like a limber tip pole for spider-rigging, too many light bites for the stiffer tips. I use the regular BNM graphic jig poles that you can buy at WM, about the only place around here that carries crappie poles.
    yea I think a limber tips prob better for us (my son & I )..... as we learn how to do this espically....is it the bucks jig pole your using???

guys thanks for the info, I know FELAY...DAS-SPECK...and "G" have answered quite a few of my slow trolling questions and I do appreicate it, makes figuring this out alot easier.....Stevej thanks for the input.....God bless all

Post Thanks / Like

"yea I think a limber tips prob better for us (my son & I )..... as we learn how to do this espically....is it the bucks jig pole your using???"

The ones I have been using are BGJP, they may call them something else now like ultra-lite, don't know. Got them at WM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    "yea I think a limber tips prob better for us (my son & I )..... as we learn how to do this espically....is it the bucks jig pole your using???"

The ones I have been using are BGJP, they may call them something else now like ultra-lite, don't know. Got them at WM.
    ok great....thats the ones I thought, thanks....I do have one of those...will have to put it to work....our local wallys dont carry BnM....hopefully soon

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

James, I am planning on getting a set of the B'n'M Capps and Coleman trolling rods.....everybody that I have talked to says they are great for spider rigging as well as longlineing. They are designed for slow trolling. Check them out at Grizzly Jig www.grizzlyjig.com
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G";1624527]James, I am planning on getting a set of the B'n'M Capps and Coleman trolling rods.....everybody that I have talked to says they are great for spider rigging as well as longlineing. They are designed for slow trolling. Check them out at Grizzly Jig [URL="http://www.grizzlyjig.com
    www.grizzlyjig.com[/URL]
    they look great....go ahead and buy 4 extra and send em to me :p.....I will look at them soon, they do look nice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast