Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a Law of Fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this a Law of Fishing?

Some activities just seem to have Laws of Their Nature. Like while repairing a water heater you will always find one part missing, and so on.

So, in fishing is it a Law that fish start biting one minute before you have to leave?

I fish from 5:30am to 7:30am. I can get home, clean fish, shower, shave, dress and be at work by 8:30am. But without fail the best (and sometimes, only) fish hits just as I'm reeling in my last slip bobber or cast at 7:29am. :p

I'm not complaining: this morning it was a 19" large mouth bass on my ultralight rig (#4 hook with a tiny piece of bait, going for perch)...and he was pissed! He slammed the hook about 4 feet from the dock and sprinted about 50 feet out into the lake. Took about 5 minutes to land him. I threw him back and said "see you tomorrow."

Anyway, since I'm relatively new to this sport I wondered if I missed something about The Laws?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It aint always that way....sometimes they start when a bait hits the water. You have pretty good self control to be able to quit fishing once they start biting though. I'm not sure I could.:rolleyes::D:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of time with me I'll catch a nice one right away, then sit there all day without another bite Doh

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk19 View Post
    A lot of time with me I'll catch a nice one right away, then sit there all day without another bite Doh
    +1 or as you stated as you are leaving everyone hooks up multiple poles on every boat in sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all are describing all the reasons I stay in hot water with the missus. I tell her I'll be home by lunch - she rolls her eyes and says "yeah right".

I caught the biggest fish of the day this Sunday while taking my poles outta the rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

You got it pretty good if you can get a few hours in before work. It takes me 45 min to an hour to get to any of my fishing holes. I'd be a more peaceful man, if I could jig a few stumps every morning.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

You need to get a cell phone, so when they start biting you can call in sick

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the only sure law I have to deal with is "well they were biting yesterday!" when I was not fishing.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care what the following is, I have always heard "Ya shoulda been here yestiddy". Enough to make you scream. Farmer and I must walk the same roads.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I don't care what the following is, I have always heard "Ya shoulda been here yestiddy". Enough to make you scream. Farmer and I must walk the same roads.
    Make that X3--always yesterday..................
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast