Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Cumberland Headwaters is HOT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Cumberland Headwaters is HOT!!!

Just wanted to report on headwaters of Lake Cumberland ( Big South Fork)... Crappie fishing is definately HOT!!! Limited out today. Largest was 3lbs (only one ).....most were in the 1-2lb range....13-16 inches Caught over 100 today.....from (see thru's....:p ) all the way up to the 3 pounder. Thru back several keepers over 10 inches. All caught on minnows. Headed out again in the morning at daylight.

Guys, if ya want some excellent crappie fishing, head this way. I can't catch em all..!!!! LOL There's plenty of room here, miles and miles of places to fish. I saw only one other boat crappie fishing, the others were all walleye fishing, btw.....walleyes and sauger are hitting good to excellent as well....brothers fish for those and report good results.

Planning a trip to Cumberland River Headwaters this week, should be even better on that river!!! For reference, mouth of Laurel River below Laurel Lake Dam.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking lake cumberland trip

crappie-dude
    Congrats on the great catch, sounds like you are tearing em up. Would sure like to meet up & fish with you sometime in the near future. If you will private message sometime & let us know when you are going, my Dad & I would enjoying tagging along with you. If I had seen your report earlier we would have met you in the morning. Post another report & let us know how you did. Good luck & let's get together sometime.
    Matt
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

KyNitroJeff Guest

Default Wow...

I went to Woods creek and only caught 9 dinks. Can you give me any info on how deep, at what time, where and any other info would and will be greatly appreciated. I have not caught a mess of Crappie in years and can't seem to find any.

Thanks.. Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info

No prob Nitro Jeff.....they were caught 8-12ft in and around cover. They bit all day. I left at 2pm limited out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a trip is in order. :D Jeff needs to come, too. Gotta get some fish in that Nitro boat. :P
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.