Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smelly subject---stinky fishing caps!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smelly subject---stinky fishing caps!

OK, maybe it's just me, but my caps get to smelling awful after a couple of days and I repeatedly wash them, only to repeat the cycle. I consider myself a clean person, I take a bath at least once a month whether I need it or not, but this cap issue really stinks. I wear baseball type caps year round and try to wear the mesh backed ones in the summer. I sweat enough to soak the cap, with sweat dripping off the bill, at times on the lake or working around the yard. The next time I put the cap on, I can't stand to wear it. Into the washer it goes, into the sun or dryer to dry, and repeat. Anybody got any tried and true remedies? How do you clean/wash yours? Air dry or dryer? Washing machine or dishwasher? I've tried them all. Lets hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're doing the best you can do. You certainly wash yours more than I wash mine. :o

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I think you're doing the best you can do. You certainly wash yours more than I wash mine. :o
    My wife of 36 years would run me, and my caps, out of the house if I didn't do something about them often.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL Mine stays on the back porch.RoflRoflRofl I usually give it a good rinse in the lake once it gets wet with sweat.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember John Wetteland's hats? Thats what all mine look like. hahahha
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

If I ever had something that had gotten wet and then soured, I would wash it, let it dry & then put it in a closed plastic container with several pieces of charoal briquettes. Make sure to get the kind you have to add charcoal lighter fluid.

*Do not use the kind that all you have to do is throw a match on it. Saved a bunch of old sneakers that had gotten rank and have even used them in the back seat of the car when something had been spilled.

I also have hats I wear for the dirty jobs and don't care if they don't look or smell like much. When one gets too bad, throw it out and buy another cheap one at Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

I go through four or five caps a summer. Just keep washing them. I let mine air dry with a towel stuck in them to try to keep the crown from wrinkling too bad. Other than a steady supply of new ones, that's about all you can do.

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine once told me that my truck and my cap could both probly use an oil change:D

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Old fishing hats are suppose to smell like old fisherman.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on the hats. I went to wearing dew rags. Old hippie stuff. Rofl

I put a wash rag under the rag to catch the sweat. It is the only way I can keep up with the sweat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast