Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Crappie fishing

My wife and I are new to Crapie fishing. Today we got "hooked".

We've been fishing two to three times a week on Wappapello Lake in Missouri for the past couple of months.

We've taken some nice bass and several small crappie but today...I got a 16 inch crappie.

I know for you guys that have been fishing crappie for a long time this is not all that impressive but for us it was just fantastic.

I'm hooked on crappie fishing and got a lot more to learn. It took me awhile to figure out just what I had to do to catch something respectable, in my eyes anyway.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

hey hoot, welcome to the board. i'm actually from advance and fish wappapello quite often. nice job on your catch, a 16 inch fish is a great catch for anyone especially on wappapello
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep hoot that is a nice fish, I have yet to catch one that long closes is about 15. Glad that you joined up with the us. I havent fished wappapello, but would like to sometime.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default wappapello

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Yep hoot that is a nice fish, I have yet to catch one that long closes is about 15. Glad that you joined up with the us. I havent fished wappapello, but would like to sometime.
    Watch that lake. It is a boat killer I have heard.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Yeah it was no doubt a great example of beginners luck. Scared the heck out of me to be honest. ha.

I hear some stories that there will be length and weight limits on crappie at wappapello next year. Anyone else hear this?

Also how's the fishing at clearwater? Just visited there last week. Beautiful spot.

Post Thanks / Like

pretty sure the wapp. will go to 9 inch min. and 15 fish limits next year. heard from a few reliable sources. i know a lot of people over there don't like the idea but personally i think it will be a good thing.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Default respectable

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot

We've been fishing two to three times a week on Wappapello Lake in Missouri for the past couple of months.

We've taken some nice bass and several small crappie but today...I got a 16 inch crappie.

I know for you guys that have been fishing crappie for a long time this is not all that impressive but for us it was just fantastic.

I'm hooked on crappie fishing and got a lot more to learn. It took me awhile to figure out just what I had to do to catch something respectable, in my eyes anyway.
    A 16" crappie is respectable to any crappie fishman.
    Good going.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default 16 incher

I know 29 teams Saturday that would have given their left eye for that fish.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I didn't even know what it was when I hauled it out. Only knew it was the biggest fish I'd caught in a long while. As I said before it was just blind luck and on one of the last casts of the day. We were fishing off one of the man made structures near the dam.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up this will help

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast