Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dual Purpose Rig Photo - Anyone ever try this?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Dual Purpose Rig Photo - Anyone ever try this?

This is a sweet dual purpose rig. Has anyone ever tried this or done something similar?

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

ship you put a lot of thought into that. i bet it works like a charm.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it with half oz weights, a big clip on float and 16' trolling poles. I used a rig like this when I tournament fished on windy days and the fish were in water shallower than the length of my poles. I would drag enough weight out the back of my boat to hold me still or move me SLOW. ( if the weight held me still, I would use the TM to pull the boat along. Heavy chains work best, but I have used the old style window weights). I would then let out line with the spinning reels and let the floats drift away an extra 10' or so from the boat. What this did for me was keep the bait in the strike zone longer. When the waves from the wind would lift the bow of the boat up, it would DRAG the floats back instead of bouncing the bait up and down, keeping the bait at the right depth much longer. I used a regular double drop rig with the weight either in the middle of the hooks or on the bottom. Just watch the floats. When it sinks, or moves off you'll know what to do ;-).

P.S. I've used this technique in 2-15 fow.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.