Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canadian Fishing Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian Fishing Trip

My wife and I are thinking about taking a fishing trip to Canada next year in celebration of our 30th wedding aniversary which is this Fall.

I think we would prefer a lake that has a variety of fish in it if that makes sense. I have heard there are lakes up there with only smallmouth in it.

We have also considered a guided Erie Walleye trip in June. I have been told that is when to go.

If anyone has ever done either or has suggestions on either I would appreciate the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Gone,

If you want something fairly primitive with great food and great fisihng, I would recomend Zup's in SW Ontario. It is on Lac LaCroix, which is a border lake and is fly/boat in only. Just the experience in getting there is worth the trip! Smallmouth fishing is great, and they can put you on walleye and northern as well. Also know there are crappie there, but never for me in the sumertime. All info is online and Mark/Kathy Zup are good people. They can also take you into the Boundary Waters with a bigger boat for a portage-in canoe trip for the day. Plenty of Native American guides for the walleye. Good luck. Wife and I went there for our 25th.

Post Thanks / Like

When I used to go to Canada, I went to Huber resort on Lake Wabigoon. Nice cabins, the drive is good roads, and plenty of fish, Northerns,Walleye, Smallmouth, and an occasional Musky thrown in. They have good boats that will handle bad weather if you get it, and an excellant resturant. http://www.huberslodge.com/home.html

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Eagle Lake a few times and have never been disappointed. I stay at Temple Bay Lodge and their service is out of this world. You can drive to the lodge or ride their chartered bus from Chicago. All you do is fish, eat and sleep a little. The fishing is great and you will have a very good chance of catching a muskie. The other fish are walleye, pike, big smallmouth and yellow perch.