Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Little Perspective...

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Little Perspective...

I went out into the yard today for about 15 minutes around 4 p.m. My temp gauge said 106. In no time I was sweating pretty good. My goal was to get back in the house under my A/C as quickly as possible.

It then occurred to me that we have Men and Women in the Armed forces who are busting their butts in weather much hotter than this day in and day out taking the fight to Terrorist. I couldn't even imagine wearing all the gear they do (full battle dress, kevlar vest, weapons, helmets, etc) plus humping a 80 lb + pack.

Just sayin', next time you step outside and feel the heat, give them a little thanks for what they're doing for us Thumbs Up

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you mentioned that. Makes me and I bet a bunch others dry up their whining about this heat we're having. God bless our soldiers.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Never have so FEW carried the load for so many. God Bless our men & women in service who are giving so much for our Nation!

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDon View Post
    I went out into the yard today for about 15 minutes around 4 p.m. My temp gauge said 106. In no time I was sweating pretty good. My goal was to get back in the house under my A/C as quickly as possible.

It then occurred to me that we have Men and Women in the Armed forces who are busting their butts in weather much hotter than this day in and day out taking the fight to Terrorist. I couldn't even imagine wearing all the gear they do (full battle dress, kevlar vest, weapons, helmets, etc) plus humping a 80 lb + pack.

Just sayin', next time you step outside and feel the heat, give them a little thanks for what they're doing for us Thumbs Up
    AMEN Brother!

Post Thanks / Like

The high for today in Baghdad is 115.