Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Long

Wanted to know how long it takes others to get geared up for the next morning's trip. It may take me up to 2 hours to retie all my poles and rig the boat.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My boat sits on ready. Onboard charger needs unplugging and truck needs hooking up. Everything else is a go ANYTIME!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

X2

Post Thanks / Like

X3
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

X4
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends a little. If I'm spider rigging, I may have to dip up some minners out of the tank and put my trollin rods in the boat - 5 minutes and I'm gone.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lcookie View Post
    Wanted to know how long it takes others to get geared up for the next morning's trip. It may take me up to 2 hours to retie all my poles and rig the boat.
    Don't take me quite that long .... but, it can take around 1hr, seeing as how I have to pull all the equipment I'm going to use from my "fishing gear closet", carry it out to the truck, drive the truck around to the boat, then uncover the boat & put my "stuff" in the boat & hitch'er up. Since I rarely take more than 4 poles ... they usually stay rigged however I last used them. Even so, if I'm going to be doing something totally different than the last time (different method, or chasing a different species), then I'll rig them the day/night before.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Good question! I can throw some things together pretty quick if I'm in a real hurry but I don't like to operate that way if I can help it. Seems like I always forget something.

Like the time I took off immediately after work and pulled into the parking lot and backed the boat down the ramp, just as I was pulling away from the trailer, it hit me, I had forgotten to put my batteries in. They were still at home being charged. I just went ahead and loaded up and headed straight home. I was very disgusted with myself but know it's easy to make mistakes when you get in a hurry.

It usually takes a good full hour or more for me to get ready. Have to take boat cover off and store it, disconnect my 3 way charger, load jig boxes/bags, fishing rods, try to have all reels ready and jigs tied on. Getting ice for the cooler, making sure screens on depthfinders are clean, truck and boat gassed.

Would love to have a drive thru garage where I could leave everything in the boat and go out the next day or two and crank up and leave. Hate to leave until everything is just right. When I get to the lake, I want to be ready to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

As a kid, daddy and I would take one weekend and prep everything, then go fishing the next.

I try to keep my cane pole and tackle box ready at the door. Sometimes it's easier just to grab a cane pole and fish from the bank than to get the boat ready.

Post Thanks / Like

boat is plugged up when i return, usually just longline 95% of the time, so I usually use what I used last time, but probably change colors on the water w/o retying. Don't rety until I break off or trying something different. Takes me 10 min max from the time I get in the truck.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast