Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Finally!!!!!

I have been drawn for a Pronghorn Antelope tag in Cimmaron County:D. I've been putting in for about 13 years! If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for a place to hunt now if anyone has any contacts out there.

Thanks, Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Congrads buddy!!!!! I had a few buddies that have gotten drawn. And the said it was a blast. One of my buddies filmed his whole hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations MD, seems those controlled hunts are getting increasingly popular and more difficult to draw every year. Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats MD, now I know who my tag went to! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a pm.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Connected

Well, I went on my antelope hunt last week. I was able to secure hunting permission on a 15K acre track of land on a 50K acre ranch. I asked 2 of my friends who have had plenty of Pronghorn hunting experience to go with me to help with the hunt and judge bucks for me. We headed west on Wednesday morning and arrived in Boise City around 7pm. We couldn't meet the landowner to gain access to the ranch until the morning so we checked in to our motel and drove around the area looking for antelope. We saw a couple but not many. The next morning we met the landowner at the ranch. We were given a tour of our section of the ranch and by 9am or so we began our hunt. We started driving the ranch which consisted of huge pastures. We would come over a rise, glass everything we could see with binos and if we saw a buck we would get out spotting scopes and really get a good look at him. We spent the day doing this over and over again. Our intent was to judge every buck on the ranch and try to get the best one. After 65 miles of driving and glassing countless antelope, we had finally narrowed it down to a couple of bucks that were really nice. We located one of the nicer bucks and he had a couple of does with him. As we were glassing him he took off and began chasing another smaller buck away from his does. We decided to get out and try going at him with a decoy and my bow. We got to within 100 yards and his does got nervous and took him away. It was beginning to get dark so we decided to head towards the entrance of the ranch and start again the next day. On our way out we ran into the other good one with a large herd of does and decided to try and get a rifle shot. These antelope are rarely suprised. If you see them then they almost always see you. You just have to be proficient at long shots and hope they let you get close enough. We went straight at them and pushed them a couple of times before we were able to get into my effective range. We ended up getting to within 360 yards on our 3rd stalk and I was able to get a good shot on the buck. He is a great representation of a Pronghorn buck and I'm very pleased with him. If any of you guys get drawn, please give me a shout. I really learned alot on this trip and will be happy to assist you with your hunt.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures,

Robert

Name:  imagejpeg_2_17.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  35.6 KBName:  imagejpeg_2_15.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  31.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, one other thing... contrary to what I have been told by several people, antelope is VERY tasty!!!Thumbs Up

Name:  IMAG0799.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  34.6 KB

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Goat
    Well done... sounds like it was a wonderful trip and very productive. CONGRATS!!!! Thumbs Up
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Nice Goat, really curved down horns. You are luckier than I am. I have been putting in for 20+ years and I have drawn 3 deer hunts. One was a primitive hunt at Pushmataha, where in 2 1/2 days of hunting I saw the butt of one deer (2% kill that year).

Twice to big Mac. Saw some good deer, and learned that they are different there, but no cigar.

Went all over Area B in Wichita Mtns helping people drag out elk. Probably looks alot blacker now. Brother-in-law drew a cow tag and saw 1 cow, but no shot. I still put in for the elk, but I figure I will draw one when I am so old I can't chase 'em. Went to CO last fall, killed a cow (we got 3 at one time) on top of the mountain. Was that a job!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast