Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta replace my batteries, what's best

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Gotta replace my batteries, what's best

After about three years my last set of batteries died (I run 24 volts) What has been the best for you guys. I only fish 25-30 times a year. I anchor most of the times I fish for Crappie so I don't use a lot for trolling then. I do however fish for Large Mouths during the summer months at night and will troll quite a bit. In the past I have purchased off the rack From Wally World or some place like that. What has worked for you guys.

THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

And just to piggyback off Eddy Creek Bandit's question, what's the best battery for night stalking, and how many would you recommend just for lights?
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

I use the everstart maxxs from wally world. The biggest yellow babies they got. Only got a 55 lb thrust trollin motor on a bass tracker but trollin from daylight till dark only drains one of them down to bout 60%. They see great to me. Think I paid $75/each for them

Post Thanks / Like

Default don't.........

Don't waste your money on spiral cells.I talked to a guy that is in the battery business and he told me not to buy them--there a lot of hype--mainly there light weight so places like cabelas and bps can ship them anywhere in the country and shipping cost stay low.Look at the trojan batteries.lOOK AT THE J150.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im Listening

I am listening here too. I priced batteries this past weekend at advanced autoparts and wally world. (went to wally world at 5:30 in the morning to avoid any crowd) this may sound stupid but i saw deep cycles at both in two different sizes. I did write down the volt hours, etc. I see someone posted on spiral cells. I figure it would be economically better to buy two deep cycles as opposed to one spiral cell. Plus, a lot easier to discard a $60.00 battery than a $`150.00 one. From what i see, i don't fish near as much as some of you and they seem to work fine. IMHO.
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny name, Great battery

If you can find them, I use to have a Big Momma battery that lasted me for 3 years until I sold the boat to my brother and the battery still holds a charge to this day and it is between 4 and 5 years old.
    I know the name sounds funny and I laughed at them when I bought the battery but when I sold my boat I was looking for that same battery for my other boat. The cost was around $65.
    Try the boat dealerships, that is where I found mine.
    Shadow
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

lbonner Guest

I use everstart from the wal-mart.i have a new boat less than a year old and the interstate batt. has already died. make sure you get the deep cycle for trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

I use AC Delco voyager batteries. I have a 24 volt set up. My last one just quit after 9 years. First one died at 7 years old. Around 80 bucks but for as long as they last you can't beat the price. Never had one drain down on the water even in 30 mph winds. You can't go wrong with them. Good Luck. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have had just the opposite experience with the Interstates and the Everstarts. I have never had an Everstart last me over 2 years. The last Interstates on the boat I sold last year were 3 years old and are still good. What ever battery you buy make sure you recharge them everytime you use them and use a charger for a deep cycle battery. A regular battery charger will ruin a deep cycle quick!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Delco voyagers are one of the best. Have been using them the last ten years and average 5 years out of a set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast