Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rebuilding Trolling Motor Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rebuilding Trolling Motor Question

First time working on one. Motor had a short in it. Took it apart. Removed bad wiring. Its working now. I lubed the front and back seals with grease. Do I need to do the something to the motor shaft seal??????
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never done one myself, but my thought is to replace it while it's apart. Its a cheap part that can cause a lot of grief.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Warner's Dock, Inc 888/222-3625 Boats, Motors & More! is a good supplier. I've used them 2x and each time the part arrived the very NEXT day for a flat $10 delivery fee. The prices are good (as far as I know). I ordered online yesterday around 10ish, didn't even call anyone, the parts were at my house when I arrived today. Now I'm in the same state as them, but they seem to get the parts out asap so I'd guess 2 days in most cases.

Just thought I'd add my 0.02

Post Thanks / Like

The seal journal can be lubricated along with the seal. If it is not allowing water to pass through, you are ok. Did the motor have water in it? If so, the seal is bad and or the seal journal. Sometimes when the seal journals show signs of fatigue, one can mic the seal journal and go to a bearing house and get the appropriate I.D. seal. Or have the seal journal repaired.