Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surgery is over

Post Thanks / Like

Default Surgery is over

Getting ready to fish again, had my long awaited aneurysm taken care of. The va hospital here in st louis did a good job i hope.. Was really more diffcult than what i thought it would be but a 71 lots of things are tougher. It's 2 weeks since my surgery and i'm feeling good but they still don't want me to drive for another 2 weeks?? Sound dumb to me ?? One in ten people die from this surgery,and proably more with the va in the first 6 months... Any body know any thing it's call aaa. Well guys and gals keep your line in the water for me.....

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you are doing really well and ready to start fishing again. Just don't get in to big of a hurry to start doing the things you use to. Healing takes time and that is something that we can't rush anymore, like we use to. Happy to have ya back. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're doing OK but you need to take it a little slow and build back up your strength.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you are feeling well and the surgery is over. Take your time getting back to fishing, we will try to take care of the fish until you get back on the lake Thumbs Up.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Do what the Dr. says cause those slab crappie can wait. You get well and get back after 'em my friend.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad the surgery went well and the recovery is going good. Take it slow and take care of yourself.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Rich .... AAA is an "Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm" ... Cook Medical | Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. CN had his surgery about 5 years ago..... he's still kickin'....... surgeon said it was the worst surgery as far as long recovery. Harder to recover from than open heart surgery per his surgeon and anesthesiologist. Good luck! Took him about 6 weeks and then he started back logging. He works by himself.

Post Thanks / Like

as you can proably see, I'm having a bad night. Can't seem to get it all together since the surgery?? Having night sleeping problems... Not a lot of pain just very uncomfortable most of the time. Left thigh is numb to the touch but they say it'll get better soon. Lots of fireworks going off tonight, and it's against the law. Was hoping to get to fish this week but it doesn't look good. Say a pray for me as it looks like I need something??

Post Thanks / Like

prayer sent, get well now the fish will wait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast