Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rush Run 3/24/06

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Rush Run 3/24/06

Dad and I went up to rush run this afternoon. Fished from noon till 3 and caught 4 rainbows and missed 3 good runs. Caught them on the north shore all of them were caught on the bottom 20 yards from shore using wax worms. I always chum the water with corn before I fish and 3 out of the 4 had atleast 3 or more pieces of corn in their stomach. Also I found crawfish in 2 of their stomach's. I never new they would eat crawfish. Talked to 2 other guys who had stringer fulls and they both were using floating power bait on the bottom as far out as they could get it.

Cant wait for warm weather and I can stop thinking about trout and head to my honey hole at hueston woods for those big ol' slabs.

Sorry about the date on the topic. We were up their this morning 3/25/06

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys!
    Was just up at Hueston woods with my Grumman 14 ft on Thursday. They had moved back out to the deep water. The chocolate milk, I mean water was at 46 to 48 degrees. I tried trolling, (i'm a newbie to that.) and casting a few jigs on the shelves on the channel with no luck.
    Take care!
    Rick
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the updates

We thought about going to Rush Run this afternoon and then it started raining, so- naw.
    When you say stringers full, are you seeing guys with more than the permitted five? We discussed the problem of poaching with the wildlife officer and he said that if we let him know he'll do what he can. He can patrol more in the spring than in the fall, when he's tied up with hunting regs.
    Sorry to hear Acton is still so muddy. On the plus side, mudd ywater warms up faster than clear, so there's hope. - Roberta.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern