Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hair jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default hair jigs

hey guys i have never fished hair jigs for crappie....i'm much of a minnoe and tube guy. i was wondering how effective hair jigs are and which brand of hair jigs to use. any info would be great. gotta learn a new trick everday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killer4niacrappie
    hey guys i have never fished hair jigs for crappie....i'm much of a minnoe and tube guy. i was wondering how effective hair jigs are and which brand of hair jigs to use. any info would be great. gotta learn a new trick everday.

Really, it's a matter of preference killer. You can catch on either. I tie hair jigs and catch fish on them, but in our stained LA waters after an hour or two the jigs are the same color as the water. My fix for that is to use "artifical" hair that won't stain. The hair jigs can be cleaned in a little dish detergent, but you still have to tie on clean jigs as they get stained. I mostly use tube jigs now, but if the water is clear I'll still use hair and marabou, and they are effective.

BTW, welcome to crappie.com! As a word to the wise, you might want to post where you're from so we can know how to help you. You could just indicate generally where, like "central Texas", or "NW Minnesota" if you like. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

i also ty my own bucktails.. been catching literally thousands of crappie a year on them for 30 + yrs...but i do better with plastics when trollin????so many questions...so little time!