Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guy tried to get over on me with some minnows !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guy tried to get over on me with some minnows !

Well, I thought i would have an extrodinary day Crappie fishing today. This crappie fisherman wannabe who has never caught a crappie in his life (yet) Me, got up early and headed out to get some minnows, I get my minnows from a store owned by a man from Nepal, he told me this morning his brother is a communal Shaman, yes, a witch doctor. he told me he had some special minnows if i was interested, he said his brother does a little ritual with each dozen of the special minnows with some fermented catipiller tongue, 24 eyes from a blue moth, and dried spleen dust from an virgin albino lemur. the minnows are an extra 3 bucks each, but what the hay, he says they worked great when he fished for crappie in the Katmandu.

Well after fishing for half the day and coming up empty handed, i was starting to think i got a bad batch of special minnows, or maybe the ritual didn't take, or maybe he got them mixed up with some ordinary minnows so i took the minnows i had left and went back by the store where i got them, i told him i didn't catch a thing, he calls his brother and the brother says they only work if the rod, reel, line, bobber, weight, and anyhing else associated with fishing is also ritualized the same way as the minnows, and it's 450 bucks for that!

Now i think he's trying to get over on me and i told him that i was an old horse trader and didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, well, after a lot of arguing back and forth i talked him down to 350 bucks, i have to go pick up my boat and all my stuff next week, he said he's out of stock on the blue moth eyes. 450 bucks!! yea right, i guess these Nepalese Shaman think us fishermen in Georgia are stupid !
    Hey, catchin' fish is easy, finding thems the hard part.

Post Thanks / Like

So I take it, you didn't have a good day fishing. But it was better than work I bet!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You got a bargain. Now youre ready to MAN UP and ge 'er done.:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Honest to God true story, I was fishing today (if ya can call it that) and i was fiddleing with the bail on the reel and the worm and hook fell in front of me just in the waters edge, a little bluegill came up and grabbed the worm and got hooked and that was the biggest fish i caught all day! now that's sad, ain't it? LOL

By the way, i hope i ain't boring everyone, i guess writing these little stories like this this is my way of coping with the stress broght on by not catching what i'm after. EOD in the navy can't be this stressful. LOL
    Hey, catchin' fish is easy, finding thems the hard part.

Post Thanks / Like

Boring? I rather enjoyed it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strip View Post
    Boring? I rather enjoyed it!
    Me too. It made me smile. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyJoe View Post
    Me too. It made me smile. lol
    X3 I think your posts are hilarious. Can't wait to read the epic adventure when ya do catch a stringer full.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Doh I knew I over paid!!!!Rofl LOL, when I first started crappie fishing the witch doctors was the only docs around . Enjoyed your story .Thumbs Up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    X3 I think your posts are hilarious. Can't wait to read the epic adventure when ya do catch a stringer full.
    X4 on that!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

totem, you missed your calling. you are a hoot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast