Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jointed rapalas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jointed rapalas

On a recent fishing trip, a friend of mine pulled out a few small jointed rapalas (2-3") and started pulling in everything out of the lake. I had never used them to much success so was blown away with the results. Was this a fluke or are they that good? Where would you recommend buying them from?

Post Thanks / Like

I use Jointed Shad Raps in a #7 they have all different sizes & colors. You can get them at Walmart. Was it Shad Raps? Or Jointed Rapalas? Shad Rapp #7 runs 8-10' deep, the Jointed Rapalas run shallower. And they sure do catch fish, everything from Perch to Walleye's.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I've been rather hesitant about buying some, seeing that i picked up some Spro Shad Hard Swimbaits. Pretty much jointed shad swimbaits and the work perfectly for grabbing just about anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCarter View Post
    I've been rather hesitant about buying some, seeing that i picked up some Spro Shad Hard Swimbaits. Pretty much jointed shad swimbaits and the work perfectly for grabbing just about anything.
    I never heard of that brand. Another hot bait up here in the North is Salmos, their about $6-8, I never bought any yet, but have looked.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

www.spro.com Their official site

Post Thanks / Like

Jointed Rapala's are great baits. They will flat out catch fish, I always have one on while trolling. Firetiger and the crawfish color work best for me. They are a little pricey, but worth it.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Rapala J-7 has brought many fish to the boat for me. Black on top and various colors on bottom. One of the best Shad/Baitfish replicas made.

Post Thanks / Like

The most consistant crankbait for me day in day out is a jointed shap rap #5 in black silver. That bait simply catches fish in any and all conditions. I also run bandits and flicker shad but always make sure I have one of the jointed raps tied on as well. Last summer cabelas ran them on sale for $5.99 . If you look around you can find them worth the money.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

when i first started fishing seriously a jointed rapala was the only lure i would use and it was like that for years until i ventured out to beetle spins and plastic worms
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite baits is my 30+ year old broke back minnow by Cordell I think. Kinda sluggish in the water compared to the Rapalas but it has sure caught some fish. Mostly bass but the last fish caught on it was a nice keeper crappie a few months back.