Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Upgrading a jon-boat????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrading a jon-boat????

Hello,
    I have a regular 14' john boat. I want to turn it into a crappie boat to fish small ponds with. Does anyone have any suggestions or any PICTURES of there boat???? Im looking to put rod holders on it and anything else I could add to it. Its small enough to slide into the back of my Toyota truck.
    Thanks for any help.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

check out tinboats.net, lots of guys over there mod their tins and probably have some ideas.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Being that your sliding it in and out, the most important things is to make sure your modifications don't add too much weight. Keep it light.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 1448 and I find it dang near impossible to spiderrig as any small movement will cause a big dip in the rods. I tend to longline off the back and sides. I simply put seat bases on the middle bench and back bench and added rod holders within reach. I typically pull 10 rods that way. For dippin jigs in cover it is still really simple. As stated above keep any mods light and simple to help with loading and unloading as well as these types of boats were not designed with a lot of weight in mind. And yea tinboats has a wealth of knowledge on there with these types of boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this thread by anchorpuller, she redid her whole boat!!!!!!! and it turned out great!!!!

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...pid-woman.html

Fatman

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I put a treated 4' long deck on the front of mine, carpeted,,with hi-tek rod holder, 70lb thrust trolling motor, Lorance depth finder, Seat with pedistal,,and use the middle bench seat for it, have back seat in base,,2 batteries in back,,hi tek rod holder for the GF in back to fish out of the back,,2 batteries...gas tank,,another lorance depth finder, and can move the hand held gps in its holder from front to back with me,,have holder for fish net,,can put the 2 coolers behind middle bench seat,,and storage under front deck for all tackle boxes, with rods strapped on sides, all 10-12 rods too,,and your good to go with a 14' jon boat,,you can spider rig comfortably,,with no tipping in my opinion,,and i troll and long line,,so ffar this year,,put more than 500 crappies in the box,,most all are 12-14". Set it up for your comfort level and carpet everything for sound proofing,,buddy of mine even installed a cheap automatic builge pump in his as I see no need for it even in a heavy rain.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"