Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Buck Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buck Perry

Hi,

I just recently purchased Buck Perry's Guidelines for Fishing Success and Spoonplugging Your Guide To Lunker Catches....I have just barely skimmed the surface of both these books...But, if you want to become a better fisherman?....Purchase one of those two items...The Buck Perry's Guidelines for Fishing Success is 8 volumes....

1-Basic Movements of Fish
    2-Controls and Tools
    3-Structure, Breaks and Breaklines
    4-Weather and Water
    5-Presentation of Lures
    6-Lake Types
    7-Mapping and Interpretations
    8-Mental Aspects and Final Exam

The neat thing about the Guideline for Fishing Succes is at the end of each volume he has quizs to see how much you have picked up...If you don't answer all the questions correctly...Just go back and read again until you do..

Buck uses the bass as his subject because the bass is effected more than any other fish by weather and is the toughest to catch on a regular basis..But, if you read these I don't know see how you can't become a better fishermen...Like I said I have only read just a little bit of each book and really impressed with them...This isn't just based for bass fisherman...It is for anyone who wants to catch any type of fish..

I am not no salesman for Buck Perry or associated with his bussiness at all...I just came across an advertisment in Fishing Facts magazine and figured I would give it a shot...

I was so impressed with it...I purchased each one of them again for my fishing partner....He doesn't know I did this...His name is Kincade from crappie.com board...

I am just trying to spread the word...Not saying you have to purchase it..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

You can find Buck Perry's website by typing his name in at yahoo etc..

I can't wait for the crappie camp...Should be good times...
    Last edited by jcd; 03-24-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default spoon plugging

I used that system so many years ago I cant remember.That was before graphite rods and braided lines.Its not as easy as you'd think. But with todays tackle its much easier, I quit because I was too lazy to keep up with it, but I sure burned a lot of gas, dragged the paint off of many spoonplugs, and yes did catch some nice fish.be prepared to do some trolling at speeds you never imagined, and yes you will bring up a lot of weeds too.I,d suggest the book about lure depths and line sizes,it will help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a copy of the Spoonplugging book. Paperback copy

I have skimmed though Bucks book on spoonplugging a few times. Buck passed away a few months ago. You can read about Buck Perry in the Nov Dec 2005 Issue of Fishing Facts Magazine.

Jerremy you have discovered the "Father of Structure Fishing".

His spoonplugs will drag up some huge largemouth bass.

Quote Originally Posted by jcd
    Hi,

I just recently purchased Buck Perry's Guidelines for Fishing Success and Spoonplugging Your Guide To Lunker Catches....I have just barely skimmed the surface of both these books...But, if you want to become a better fisherman?....Purchase one of those two items...The Buck Perry's Guidelines for Fishing Success is 8 volumes....

1-Basic Movements of Fish
    2-Controls and Tools
    3-Structure, Breaks and Breaklines
    4-Weather and Water
    5-Presentation of Lures
    6-Lake Types
    7-Mapping and Interpretations
    8-Mental Aspects and Final Exam

The neat thing about the Guideline for Fishing Succes is at the end of each volume he has quizs to see how much you have picked up...If you don't answer all the questions correctly...Just go back and read again until you do..

Buck uses the bass as his subject because the bass is effected more than any other fish by weather and is the toughest to catch on a regular basis..But, if you read these I don't know see how you can't become a better fishermen...Like I said I have only read just a little bit of each book and really impressed with them...This isn't just based for bass fisherman...It is for anyone who wants to catch any type of fish..

I am not no salesman for Buck Perry or associated with his bussiness at all...I just came across an advertisment in Fishing Facts magazine and figured I would give it a shot...

I was so impressed with it...I purchased each one of them again for my fishing partner....He doesn't know I did this...His name is Kincade from crappie.com board...

I am just trying to spread the word...Not saying you have to purchase it..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

You can find Buck Perry's website by typing his name in at yahoo etc..

I can't wait for the crappie camp...Should be good times...
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kygorski,

What's up?...I am doing good...I am not actually going to use the spoonplugs...I think as far as a crappie fisherman...I will be able to locate crappie better and be able to read topo maps better...Also, I think that I will be use what I have learned from the volumes to adapt to what crappie fishing techinques I use...Now let me say this...These volumes aren't specifically for crappie fishing but I think it will only help you become a better fisherman for whatever fish for..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

first read about Buck Perry in june, 1972 issue of fishin facts mag. his writings set the course of my fishin future. still fishin with my first spoonpluggin rod. still using "depth and speed" to answer the questions. ricky clunn ain't even close to "World's Greatest Angler!"