Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Story

Opossum Valley Alabama (Only in Walker County will you find a place like this)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default True Story

I have been trying real hard for my 5 yr old son to catch him a catfish that wieghs more than he does. Hes 40lbs soakin wet. Well 2 weeks ago he gets into a pretty good fish. Fights it a while. Well after being unprepared for where we were fishing, the fish finally broke the line while we were debating how to get him up a really high wall. Anyways, fast forward to last Thurs night. We are catching the stew out of them and then a big bite occurs. This time the 13 yr old gets the rod and fights the fish down. Being prepared we gaff the fish and land him. So i reach down to unhook the fish and lo and behold it has our other hook from 2 weeks ago in its jaw. What are the chances of that? Im gonna post some pics. Thay may not be in order but you get my story and we put the fish back to fight again another day. Go getem little man.
    The day the fish got away.

Decent but not as big as we want.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story!! I bet those boys had a ball LOL.
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice story, good luck.
    RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Post Thanks / Like

Great report on some youngin's having a great time!! Gotta love the pic of him fighting the big Cat!!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Heck of a FIGHT, would bet! Memories that WILL last...

Post Thanks / Like

I also should have mentioned how great it was to see him with a life vest on, I won't take my Grand Daughter any where near the water without one!!!1

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

That is a cool pic...

J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

That Little Dude is into that fight whole heartedly !! He looks to be turning red in that pic !! Fine job to all of you !! Might have to get him one of those marlin belts so that he doesn't hurt "himself" ... Can't have your boy, injuring his "boys" now, can we ?? ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

He is one tough cat.Isnt it funny how you can have 2 kids and them be so much different. My oldest son plays catcher on the baseball team and linebacker on the football team. You can have 5 fish in the livewell and it will take hime 30 minutes to get them out. Now the little man, 5 yrs old, aint scared of nothin. You cn have 1 crappie in a 55 gallon drum and give him just a minute and he will have it. Kids are so funny.When we fish for cats wee usually put out about 10 rods, usually about 20-30 ft apart. If they are on one end and a rod on the other end gets a bite, they will sprint full speed agains each other to get there first. Most of the time Im baiting rods and refereeing. I am having a blast with my kids. Just like I had with my dad and grand dad.

Post Thanks / Like

He thought it was hilarious to see this cat taking a leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast