Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappy day for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappy day for Crappie

Went to a local lake yesterday (had custody of the dog for the day) anyway, we were walking along ( dog and I) and i came across this old guy fishing, i walked down the bank and started asking him how it was going, i looked down and he had a couple of fair sized crappie laying there, i couldn't believe it, it's the first crappie i've seen caught there, i asked what he was using for bait, he said minnows, on a #2 hook, i eyed how deep he was fishing and how far out, I made all the mental notes, I ran up the bank draging the yelping dog by the leash all the way to the parking lot and threw him in the car, ran two red lights getting to Wal-mart and purchased the one airated minnow bucket, 3 packs of # two hooks another bag of bobbers. This morning, i screamed outta the house, a man with a mission, gonna get my first crappie by God!
    Get to the lake at 0730, minnows, worms, crickets, lures, even had a can of corn and a couple of hot dogs, I ain't taking no chances, if the crappie were biting Lobster Thermadore, I woulda pulled it out and slapped it on the hook, well i fished all day in several spots, different distances, different depths, i cast stuff all over and woulda cast up in the woods if i thought there was a chance a crappie was somehow hiding behind a bush, well, Ta Da! Nada, nothing, zilch, zip. I was crushed, so here i sit, sunburned, tired and tail between my legs eating the leftover corn with a hot dog.
    Hey, catchin' fish is easy, finding thems the hard part.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going in the morning. I'll probally be in the same boat. But it sure beats work.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not having a ton of luck down here in S. Georgia either- bass have been biting the crappie jigs but I enjoy catching bluegills more than them.
    Eric W.

Post Thanks / Like

At least ya still have the makins fer a corndog!! Be patient bro you'll get em.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there. It's called paying your dues. As with any other sport, it's all what you put in to it. Sounds like you are motivated to the max and that's an indication of future success in my book. Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks for the kind words, but i'll tell ya, i'm sick an tired of bank fishing, I must be the biggest klutz on earth, trying to sit on a bucket on a slanted bank, black ants crawling all (and i mean all!) over me, knocked over the worm cup three times, snagging trees on the back swing, trippng on roots, have to cast 50 feet to get close to any structure (and that tree looks like a christmas tree with all the bobbers i left on it), no vertical fishing, no depth readings, and the hike from the truck to the lake is more like a safari.
    I have a pond boat i'm hitching up at 0600 in the morning, went and got another two dozen minnows, and i ain't coming back without a crappie !
    By the way, as soon as i figure out these crappie, i'm gonna try to figure out women, think crappie will be simple compared to that. LOL oh, and huntinslabs, the corndog wasn't half bad, but i would rather have FISH!!
    Hey, catchin' fish is easy, finding thems the hard part.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are on a mission. Hope you get some, they can be frustrating.
    RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Post Thanks / Like

It is also addictive. So if your not ready for a new addiction you better just stick with the women thing.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain Doh Doh RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

well?? How did ya make out today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast