Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing tonight.

Were going Crappie fishing tonight after dark. I plan to be on the water early enough to fish some before dusk. My question is: How can I tell Crappie on my fish locator from other fish? What do I look for on it? Thanks..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I usually look for suspended fish stacked like pringles in a can. Best I can describe anyway. But I wouldn't necessarily set up for the night on em where they are then but where they are headed.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to hearing your report with the Reel Lites
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

With almost 100 people reading this forum, I would have thought I'd get more than (1) reply. Does anyone know how to distinguish Crappie from other fish on a locator at night?? Thanks again...

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie 1 View Post
    With almost 100 people reading this forum, I would have thought I'd get more than (1) reply. Does anyone know how to distinguish Crappie from other fish on a locator at night?? Thanks again...
    Can't help you in this area.............
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie tend to stack up just as huntinslabs has told you......they will be stacked up on top of each other, whereas other fish tend to be scattered . When I night fish I like to set up where I know I can attract some baitfish.......the green light attracts the baitfish and the baitfish attract the crappie. A good place to set up is in the mouth of a cove or just off of a point where the bottom drops off. I suspend my lights about 5 ft. deep.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Well said G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Crappie tend to stack up just as huntinslabs has told you......they will be stacked up on top of each other, whereas other fish tend to be scattered . When I night fish I like to set up where I know I can attract some baitfish.......the green light attracts the baitfish and the baitfish attract the crappie. A good place to set up is in the mouth of a cove or just off of a point where the bottom drops off. I suspend my lights about 5 ft. deep.
    Thanks G we caught some Crapie, not many & not big. I also have the green Reel Light, it's the 100 I was totally impressed with the light as to how bright it was, and all the "critters" it drew in. The only problem was no baitfish, we moved about 3 times, the light attracted all kinds of stuff, but no minnows. I need to find a better lake next time. Bob that light I got from you worked awesome, I'm thinking about another one. I also used the "noodle" to keep it out from the boat, it worked good.. Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G we caught some Crapie, not many & not big. I also have the green Reel Light, it's the 100 I was totally impressed with the light as to how bright it was, and all the "critters" it drew in. The only problem was no baitfish, we moved about 3 times, the light attracted all kinds of stuff, but no minnows. I need to find a better lake next time. Bob that light I got from you worked awesome, I'm thinking about another one. I also used the "noodle" to keep it out from the boat, it worked good.. Thanks...
    We only had the light down 2' and we were in 17' of water. How deep should we have been fishing>?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I set my lights 4 to 5 ft. deep, this layer of water above them helps reflect the light down into a mushroom affect. When the fish come into the light I can tell how deep they are on my side imageing sonar and I fish two or three ft. above them as crappie tend to feed up not down. I also place my baits just past the green circle in the dark edge that surrouinds the lighted area.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast